2008 Hybrid Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 09:01 AM
Enthusiast
Default 2008 Hybrid Questions...

I just picked up my 08 FEH with nav system-- I had a few questions i was hoping some of you might have answers to.

The obvious question of allowing myself to enter addresses into the NAV system while driving has been answered in many other threads so i'll skip that one.

Has anyone figure out a way to make the text on the top of the navigation screen showing the media info change? When i'm listening to sirius and on the NAV screen, it shows the station name. It seems like it would be _much_ more helpful to display song name up there.

Has anyone else noticed the estimated travel time when on a route being quite a bit longer than it actually takes? I did a 90 mile one-way trip yesterday, leaving at about 5pm. It originally said i would arrive at 7:57pm, i ended up arriving at about 7pm all while obeying the speed limit... being 30% high in travel time seems to be a bit off. Is there a way to adjust the speeds it "expects" you to be traveling on different types of roads?

Other than those few comments i love the vehicle, i've been averaging about 31mpg over my first 800 miles or so.... quite a change from my '01 escape where i got about 18-19mpg!

Old 05-30-2007, 06:55 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2008 Hybrid Questions...

Hmmm... that's about 1 hour off - are you sure the clock is set right (ie. didn't get reset, or got set wrong, due to daylight savings)?

I know my Garmin handheld GPS was an hour off between the time that the "new" DST happened and when the "old" DST was supposed to happen because it was still on the old changover date.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:28 AM
Enthusiast

I'm sure the clock and everything were set correctly. I checked my "ETA" every 5-10 minutes and watched it slowly creep up. By the time i was a mile away the "ETA" was correct -- the system was just way over-estimating my time. My old Garmin GPS never really exhibited this behavior.

I'm more intrigued about the text on the NAV screen, anyone find out how to change what it displays about the audio at the top?

Old 05-30-2007, 09:21 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tas246
I'm sure the clock and everything were set correctly. I checked my "ETA" every 5-10 minutes and watched it slowly creep up. By the time i was a mile away the "ETA" was correct -- the system was just way over-estimating my time. My old Garmin GPS never really exhibited this behavior.

I'm more intrigued about the text on the NAV screen, anyone find out how to change what it displays about the audio at the top?

Have you verified the speed settings within your nav screen? If those don't match the speed of the roads you were on you may see this kind of behaviour.

Jayson

Old 05-30-2007, 10:38 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ravadac
Have you verified the speed settings within your nav screen? If those don't match the speed of the roads you were on you may see this kind of behaviour.

Jayson

Where are these speed settings located?

Old 05-30-2007, 01:09 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tas246
Where are these speed settings located?

Never mind, i found them

Anyone have any idea about the satellite radio song display on the navigation screen?