Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2008 Ford Escape

Looks all right!

Old 04-11-2006, 12:01 AM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: 2008 Ford Escape

Eh. Looks more like my old '95 Explorer than an Escape.

It also looks like Greenfield Village in the background, but I'm sure it's the development facility.

Old 04-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

Looks like it may also be a bit longer as well, the rear doors look longer. If a hybrid version is also offered, I wonder is they'll change the air vent in the rear window for the battery's AC

Old 07-25-2006, 07:47 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Since the 2007 model year for the Escape/Mariner is going to be short, with the 2008 coming out early next year, has anyone heard/read anything about the hybrid version?

All I have read says that the 2008 Escape/Mariner changes are just cosmetic, but nothing about the hybrid's themselves. I am not too worry about the cosmetic changes, but wonder if they are planning on slipping in some major improvements with the hybrid system (A/C becoming electric one I would be willing to wait for).

Anything?

Old 07-25-2006, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by WaltPA
Since the 2007 model year for the Escape/Mariner is going to be short, with the 2008 coming out early next year, has anyone heard/read anything about the hybrid version?

All I have read says that the 2008 Escape/Mariner changes are just cosmetic, but nothing about the hybrid's themselves. I am not too worry about the cosmetic changes, but wonder if they are planning on slipping in some major improvements with the hybrid system (A/C becoming electric one I would be willing to wait for).

Anything?
If you think about it... the A/C becoming electric should NOT be a positive. That energy is coming from somewhere... the ICE. Its not more efficient to convert ICE energy to charge in a battery and then use the current to drive the A/C. In the end, you will have energy losses. IE... if you turn on the electric A/C all the time it should be a worse HIT to MPG than running the A/C in the red setting.

Old 07-25-2006, 12:43 PM

If they do make the a/c electric, I think it will be because it was what people want. I don't think it is a good idea but they aren't asking me.

Some people have the opinion that if Toyota is doing something a certain way then that must be the better way.

The main reason for hybrid vehicles (IMHO) is for better fuel efficiency. I don't mind making some sacrifice to achieve that. I could have a better ride by lowering the pressure in the tires, I would have more money if I hadn't bought two (or even one) hybrid, I would be more comfortable running max a/c. I'm willing to live with these inconveniences to get the best mileage I can.

Old 07-26-2006, 08:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

Cool pics! It's hard to tell if it's just new sheet metal on the same platform(ex. '99 mustang) or if it's a new body style all together. Notice the built-in running board. It looks to be more aerodynamic. The windows seem to be the same dimensions, but the belt line seems to curve where mine is straight. It doesn't look bad, but it also doesn't make me regret not waiting for it either.

Isn't it wierd how sometmes the "updated" body is worse than the original? Like the newer Focus, IMO. Or the new Saturn Vue. Or the '03 Silverado? I could keep going...

Last edited by Kermie; 07-26-2006 at 08:51 AM.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Kermie
Cool pics! It's hard to tell if it's just new sheet metal on the same platform(ex. '99 mustang) or if it's a new body style all together.
It suppose to be just an updated exterior and interior. It is now only months away (about 8 or 9). So, the info that's coming out, is pretty solid.

2007 is going to be a short model year. So short, that Mazda is skipping it all together. They will have the 2006 Tribute followed by the 2008 Tribute.

Old 07-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

Aw, heck, I like my one-toned 2007 Escape better! It almost looks like their going for the old 'woody' effect.
I'd really like to see updates on the engine, running A/C more on EV, ability to coast soley on EV at higher speeds, info type panel like Toyota in the basic model, etc. The last couple of years the only updates have been all cosmetic. If it will cost more, please give us some value.

Old 07-27-2006, 04:06 PM
It is easy being green

looks almost the same to me. only in this pic it seems to have the stuff on the doors to protet it from dings during tansport. and the back end around the bumper area seems to have some sort of cover on it prob to protect it from dings as well.

Quick Reply: 2008 Ford Escape

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands