2008 FEH Console Mount

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default 2008 FEH Console Mount

I have a 2008 Escape Hybrid, & am looking for a good way to mount a satellite radio from Sirius in a convenient location. Looking on the right side of the plastic front center console between the seats, I see a slotted mount that could possibly be used to attach something like a gooseneck mount there. I wonder if anyone knows what Ford intended it to be used for...and, more important.....if anyone knows of an available mounting accessory FROM Ford that fits it ??

Thanks in advance.......Gary

Old 10-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Imported from Detroit
Default Re: 2008 FEH Console Mount

Originally Posted by robingf
I have a 2008 Escape Hybrid, & am looking for a good way to mount a satellite radio from Sirius in a convenient location. Looking on the right side of the plastic front center console between the seats, I see a slotted mount that could possibly be used to attach something like a gooseneck mount there. I wonder if anyone knows what Ford intended it to be used for...and, more important.....if anyone knows of an available mounting accessory FROM Ford that fits it ??

Look inside your console for a matching male piece to fit that slot, you should find it.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robingf

It is designed for the coin holder that is part of the black insert inside the console. The main insert also functions as a trash can when slotted into the rear of the console.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yep, you're absolutely correct, all.......Even after riding in or driving this vehicle for more than a year, I really never paid much attention to that. That's why these forums are great...always someone with a quick answer !

So, now that I know what's SUPPOSED to fit there, I still think I can make an adapter that will let me use the slot for a radio mount. Shouldn't be too hard.....

Thanks everyone.....

Old 03-21-2010, 01:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

Last November. someone was kind enough to email me some information about a company that makes a commercial mount that fits into the slot in the 2008 FEH console. Unfortunately, I've now lost or deleted that email by mistake. Might anyone else know about this company and could refresh my memory ?

Thanks very much in advance.....Gary

Old 03-21-2010, 07:57 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Rob, try this: http://www.proclipusa.com/

Old 03-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

THAT WAS IT !!! Thanks, my friend !