2008 Escape Hybrid Options

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Brad
Default 2008 Escape Hybrid Options

My order is going in tomorrow (3/20/07) for an 08 Escape Hybrid. I am looking forward to the new SUV, selling my 98 gas guzzling Explorer.

Ordering FWD Black Pearl Slate Metallic with the Hybrid Energy/Navigation system, power outlet and side step bars.

I would like the option of the charcoal black cloth with dark rust inserts, but it's not available for the hybrid. I saw that option in person on a regular 08, I prefer darker color interiors. The stone cloth is O.K. I am excited that these cloth interiors are made from 100% recycled materials. Other options I would like to have... are Electronic Stability Control and volume controls on the steering wheel. It doesn't look like the volume control is available on the hybrid model ??? Is this something that could be added later?

Old 03-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2008 Escape Hybrid Options

Originally Posted by mcco8escape
It doesn't look like the volume control is available on the hybrid model ??? Is this something that could be added later?
It is in the Hybrid's Owners Manual. So, possibly, it will be out later??

Old 03-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mcco8escape
Other options I would like to have... are Electronic Stability Control and volume controls on the steering wheel. It doesn't look like the volume control is available on the hybrid model ??? Is this something that could be added later?
I thought this was very strange and cheap of them to do (leave out volume controls - steering wheel) it's becoming standard on many cars lately.

I too was wondering why ESC wasn't avail. on the hybrid...

Not very excited about their colors this time around. There are two black colors, two trendy colors (which aren't bad, but with time will look old). I wish they offered silver on the hybrid and the sage.

Old 03-20-2007, 07:51 PM
N/A

The hybrid software and stability control software were incompatible. To save $$ they omitted VSC from the hybrid, like we wouldn't notice. Ditto steering wheel controls. Hard to believe, considering the competition.

Consider further: No Bluetooth connectivity. Telematics matter, and younger hybrid buyers tend toward the "techie" side of things. Where is "SYNC" or whatever it's called? At least it's got the Line In connector for your 'Pod.

And Consider: Silver is the #1 vehicle color in the U.S. for several years. So they dropped silver. But hey, you can get two blacks, two blues, or a dark gray that resembles wet concrete. Doh!

Consider: Is this the only vehicle in its segment that lacks the ability to flip a lever and flat-fold the rear seats without removing parts? Those of us who haul gear would like to know.

I almost didn't buy it. If the dealer had not called two weeks after I made an offer and agreed to take invoice MINUS $500 for the only '08 on the lot, I would not have stepped up.

But...To be fair ... It was the exact color and equipment I wanted, and now that I have it, I really do love it. Cheap bits and all.

Old 03-20-2007, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by mtberman
Consider: Is this the only vehicle in its segment that lacks the ability to flip a lever and flat-fold the rear seats without removing parts? Those of us who haul gear would like to know.
What parts have to be removed, just the rear headrests? The '07 was the only vehicle in it's class where the rear seats truly fold flat, no slope. That was one of the deciding factors for me.

Old 03-20-2007, 08:55 PM
'08 FEH owner

Just the headrests. It's really no big deal, IMO.

I'd've liked Bluetooth and the volume control, myself. Sigh.

Old 03-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

I would have too but so far we're really happy with our 08 MMH.

Jayson

Old 03-21-2007, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by mtberman

Consider further: No Bluetooth connectivity. Telematics matter, and younger hybrid buyers tend toward the "techie" side of things. Where is "SYNC" or whatever it's called? At least it's got the Line In connector for your 'Pod.
I agree. I have no idea why, being that Sync is available on all other new Ford models. Plus, it has the "right" Nav system now.

Old 03-21-2007, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by econoline
What parts have to be removed, just the rear headrests?
Yep, that's it.

Other designs have the headrests either fold too, or slip down into a recess in the seat back.

Honestly, I am very uncomfortable using Ford's suggestion of storing them under the front seats, given all the wiring and the CD changer already under there.

Old 03-21-2007, 04:45 AM
N/A

Originally Posted by WaltPA
Yep, that's it.

Other designs have the headrests either fold too, or slip down into a recess in the seat back.

Honestly, I am very uncomfortable using Ford's suggestion of storing them under the front seats, given all the wiring and the CD changer already under there.
At least there's no CD changer under there on the '08.

To fold the seat you have to remove three headrests, which I should add can not be done one-handed. Then walk around and do the other side. Store them under the seats, where they block the heat outlets and can get damaged and/or dirty. Next, two seat cushions must be folded, which means walking around to the other side again. Finally you are ready to fold one side. Walk around the vehicle AGAIN and fold the other side.

This sucks, for me anyway. Doing it a couple of times each week gets old, and I cut the $@#% out of my thumb on something very sharp (it bled everywhere and is still bandaged) doing it last week.

It's 2007 now, and many other makers have simple, safe designs which fold flat and allow you to do one side, do the other, and you're done.

I still don't know what sharp edge cut me, and it would break my heart to see a child come out of there with the sort of deep gash I got on my finger.

Quick Reply: 2008 Escape Hybrid Options

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands