2006 Premium Trim Bumper Mat?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 05:43 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default 2006 Premium Trim Bumper Mat?

I have a 2006 with the Premium trim package. So all the body cladding is painted the same color as the vehicle. If you look at the back bumper. There is a clear indentation that makes it appear that there could be/should be a rubber step or grip stuck on there. Right now the top of the bumper is just paint so setting anything down on it is going to cause damage.

Does anyone else with a 2006 Premium HAVE a rubber/plastic black matt or grip on there?

If its not standard (Which seems silly) does anyone know of anyone making something after market that will fit in the indentation?

It really does look like something should be on there.

I can post a picture if that helps anyone see what I'm talking about.

Old 04-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2006 Premium Trim Bumper Mat?

I have the premium package, and there is nothing on top of the bumper on mine either. I did some looking and have not found a cover either. I would also appreciate it if someone who found something let us know.

Regards,

Roch Comeau

Old 04-18-2006, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by TeeSter
I have a 2006 with the Premium trim package. So all the body cladding is painted the same color as the vehicle. If you look at the back bumper. There is a clear indentation that makes it appear that there could be/should be a rubber step or grip stuck on there. Right now the top of the bumper is just paint so setting anything down on it is going to cause damage.

Does anyone else with a 2006 Premium HAVE a rubber/plastic black matt or grip on there?
I have the same thing as you -- '06 FEH with premium pkg., but no rubber step/grip strip. I think it's just textured like that to allow it to serve as a step. I agree, though, it'd be nice to have a rubber strip there from a practical standpoint. I just used the bumper as a step while washing my vehicle, and had to stand on my tiptoes for fear of scratching the paint (car's still real new )

Old 04-22-2006, 04:20 PM
ltc
Enthusiast

Perhaps there is something available thru Mercury Parts?

Isn't the rear bumper on the FEH Premium the same as the Mariner?

Old 04-22-2006, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by ltc
Perhaps there is something available thru Mercury Parts?

Isn't the rear bumper on the FEH Premium the same as the Mariner?
I wouldn't know. From the few photos I've looked at of the Mariner Hybrid, it looks to be the same, but I haven't seen one in real life to confirm.

Old 04-22-2006, 10:01 PM

My father works for a Ford/Mercury dealer, but one that doesn't do the hybrids. However on the top line Marinier (painted bumper) the bumper is different... It looks like the chrome strip along the back is much taller than the impression on the Escape. So I don't think it will work.

It was a good idea to try though.

Old 04-24-2006, 12:05 PM

Also unfortuantely the Mariner step guard has "MERCURY" all across that chrome piece... So I'd end up driving the "Franken FEH"

I wonder if the people that do bed liners could mask off the area and spray on the polyurethane they put into pickup truck beds and how well would it "mask" off areas we don't want it on.

I'm just thinking out loud here.

Old 04-25-2006, 04:48 PM
ltc
Enthusiast

Saw a Mercury Mariner today and it had a black rubber part on top of the rear bumper, in addition to the chrome trim piece.

Old 05-01-2006, 04:30 AM
PML
Enthusiast

Check out the 06 Mariner - it has the bumper mat you mentioned - just like a full size Mercury Mountaineer - will it fit your Ford ?

Old 05-01-2006, 09:57 AM

I've seen it too. As near as I can tell there is enough different about the bumpers that it won't fit. So still looking for something. You'd think some aftermarket company would jump in. there are enough selling bumper mats for other vehicles.

Quick Reply: 2006 Premium Trim Bumper Mat?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands