2005 Escape Recall

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2005 Escape Recall

I received a Recall Reminder from Ford re my 2005 Escape - Recall 06C12, Headliner Inspection and Modification. Anyone know what this is all about?

Old 08-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2005 Escape Recall

Check out the thread "Escape recall notice 06C12"...

It has something to do with the foam padding I think but I think its better described in that thread and I'd hate to tell you the wrong thing on a safety issue.

Old 08-09-2006, 01:43 PM
It is easy being green

http://https://www.greenhybrid.com/d...6c12.7491.html

here is the link to the discussion on the recall

Old 08-09-2006, 01:53 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:03 PM

I went to the dealer and discussed this with the service rep who I always deal with. From the information she showed me from Ford, as long as you wear your seatbelt you aren't going to hit your head in the area they need to correct. All they do is drill some holes in the foam to make it a little softer if I understood correctly.

I hate the thought of them taking out the headliner to do this - it would probably never be the same. JMO of course.

Old 08-10-2006, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by KermitCar
http://https://www.greenhybrid.com/d...6c12.7491.html

here is the link to the discussion on the recall
That link doesn't seem to work for me.

Is anyone else having a problem?

Old 08-10-2006, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by nitramjr
I went to the dealer and discussed this with the service rep who I always deal with. From the information she showed me from Ford, as long as you wear your seatbelt you aren't going to hit your head in the area they need to correct. All they do is drill some holes in the foam to make it a little softer if I understood correctly.

I hate the thought of them taking out the headliner to do this - it would probably never be the same. JMO of course.
Yea, that reminds me a recall Ford had on my old '95 Mustang. The recall had them drilling a bunch of holes into the underside of the front hood. The problem there were trying to fix, only happened if you were in a front end collision, and did not have the front hood replaced.

Since I was never in a front end collision, and shuttered at the though of them drilling holes into my perfect hood, I decided to pass.

Well, my Mustang was in at my dealership for other warranty work, and they decided to "help" and do the "forgotten" recall.

Old 08-10-2006, 04:52 AM

If its a safety recall.... it might not be optional for them. If they find a vehicle that doesn't have it done, they might be obligated to do it either by the law or Ford.

Otherwise, you know what would happen. Someone would ask not to have it done... there would be an front end collision at 150mph with the recall having nothing to do with it-- and then some fine ambulance chasing attourney would imply that the recall was responsible and even though his/her client specifically requested it not be done-- the company was still responsible for millions of dollars... etc...

Its a wonderful society we live it where NOTHING is OUR fault.... Its always someone elses.

Old 08-10-2006, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by WaltPA
Well, my Mustang was in at my dealership for other warranty work, and they decided to "help" and do the "forgotten" recall.
Just one more reason not to bring my car to the dealership for regular maintenance. If it isn't warranty related, it probably isn't going there.

If its a safety recall.... it might not be optional for them. If they find a vehicle that doesn't have it done, they might be obligated to do it either by the law or Ford.
The car still belongs to me and I don't believe they have the right to do something to it without my permission. They notified me repeatedly and I have chosen to ignore the notifications. Ford has done their part.

Old 08-10-2006, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by nitramjr
The car still belongs to me and I don't believe they have the right to do something to it without my permission. They notified me repeatedly and I have chosen to ignore the notifications. Ford has done their part.
I agree completely.... unfortuantely with the way our legal system works these days--people are now absolved of all personal responsibility and companies have to baby sit us or face the possibility of being sued for millions.

You can imagine how easy it would be to get a jury to give millions to a poor family who's teenager was killed in an accident--even if they had been informed repeatedly of the recall. Its obvious what the attourney would say, "The only important thing to realize is that the product was defective and it injured my client." The fact that they ignored chances to fix it... wouldn't matter with most jurors unfortunately. They see billion dollar company... poor family with dead teenager and make the typical decision.

Facts of life....

Quick Reply: 2005 Escape Recall

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands