12V Battery Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit
Default Re: 12V Battery Replacement

Interstate makes a battery for the FEH, I think it is a MTP 40R this is an odd battery but Ford is using it more and more. Intersate batteries are made by Johnson Controls which also make Sears, one of the best batteries I have ever sold, been selling them for 25 years, great warranty system also. Besure to check the warranty on a Motorcraft battery before you plunk down the cash. IIRC Interstate has a 100% replacement for the first 24 months then prorated for 85 months.

Old 10-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Hold the phone the MTP 40R WILL NOT FIT measured mine cannot be longer than 9 in or wider than 6 in so you will need to find a group 96R battery. the 40r is almost 11 in long. THe reason the battery is odd is the transmission has a hump that is close to the battery so the tray is shorter than the normal escape. Interstate listed the batery for the 2.3 but did not specify the hybrid. Glad I checked and measured.

Old 10-05-2007, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mark E Smith
Interstate makes a battery for the FEH, I think it is a MTP 40R this is an odd battery but Ford is using it more and more. Intersate batteries are made by Johnson Controls which also make Sears, one of the best batteries I have ever sold, been selling them for 25 years, great warranty system also. Besure to check the warranty on a Motorcraft battery before you plunk down the cash. IIRC Interstate has a 100% replacement for the first 24 months then prorated for 85 months.
Mark, Sears told me they show a 40R replacement also, but when I looked up the length was to long for my '05 FEH holder. The 40R came with ~90 CCA higher than the stock Motorcraft, but they both are now covered for 3yr replacement and 100 month prorated. Are you sure Interstate has not increased their warranty? Both the Costco and Motorcraft replacement was a 96R and carried the same warranty.

GaryG

Old 10-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Gary see my post above yours, I had a feeling the book was wrong.

Old 10-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

BTW sounds like a good warranty, go with the MC group 96R. I looked throught the deminsions and could not find anything that would or that I would put in my car. ;-)

Old 10-06-2007, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by econoline
Thanks. I just got one from my local Napa store, $15 out the door.
Not sure if one brand is better than another, but I just got mine for $4.95 at the Super Wal-Mart. It is a NOCO settings keeper part no. BTE296 and it came with a 9V battery. It says it is to retain a vehicles on-board computer (CCU) settings and codes. It looks just like the NAPA one.

GaryG

Old 10-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
Not sure if one brand is better than another, but I just got mine for $4.95 at the Super Wal-Mart. It is a NOCO settings keeper part no. BTE296 and it came with a 9V battery. It says it is to retain a vehicles on-board computer (CCU) settings and codes. It looks just like the NAPA one.

GaryG
Darn! I never thought to look at Wal-Mart for something like that. But it'll pay for itself the first time I need it.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by econoline
Darn! I never thought to look at Wal-Mart for something like that. But it'll pay for itself the first time I need it.
I never thought to look for that at Wal-Mart either so don't feel bad. I was looking for a Champion spark plug for my lawn equipment and saw that bad boy. Thought I'd pass on the savings if anyone was interested. These sites are good for that.

GaryG

Last edited by GaryG; 10-06-2007 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:59 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

There is no magic in this tool so the one from walmart will do the trick if the cigarette lighter adapter fits correctly.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I hadn't seen the Odyssey PC1200MJT battery mentioned in this thread. It is a n AGM battery with smaller dimensons than the group 96R, so it should fit no problem. It has some cool features like a metal case and deep cycle capability. It's expensive, but you can buy it off the web since it can be shipped normally. www.odysseyfactory.com

Quick Reply: 12V Battery Replacement

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands