'09 FEH Husky Cargo Liner

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Default '09 FEH Husky Cargo Liner

I had a nasty spill of pool chlorine in my '09 FEH and had to file an insurance claim to replace all the carpets, rear seat and headrests. Now I'm looking to get a cargo liner to haul things like that safer. I found only a black Husky cargo liner with the information below. Does anyone know of a better choice because my interior is tan.

Part Brand: Husky Liners Placement on Vehicle: Rear Manufacturer Part Number: 23231 Surface Finish: Blk Interchange Part Number: 09 10 Warranty: Yes Other Part Number: Liner Mats Condition: New

GaryG

Old 02-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: '09 FEH Husky Cargo Liner

What scares me is that battery is right under the cargo carpet. There are also some cutouts in the carpet under the flip up bottom of the seats with electronics. I am so worried about a spill. I don't have anywhere but the front passenger floorboard that I can carry liquid without worry of a spill.

This is my only real complaint about the FEH, other than Sirius cutting out half the time. XM reception is so much better.

Robert

Old 02-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Check out http://www.autoanything.com

I bought a tan Husky liner there, not the best match, but a nice lip to catch things that leak.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I have Husky liners all the way around in my '07. I also got my from http://www.autoanything.com . We used to get an extra 10% discount from them but I don't recall the discount code. Another nice thing about the Husky cargo liner is that the lip will fold down flat if you carry something long on it when the rear seat backs are down. I had Husky liners in my Subaru WRX also, and have never been dissatisfied.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

that's what you get for living someplace where one can go swimming in the winter! You should be shoveling snow and scraping ice like normal people.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by subdewd
that's what you get for living someplace where one can go swimming in the winter! You should be shoveling snow and scraping ice like normal people.
About 7 years ago I had an idea to enjoy life in a control setting. My wife wanted a big pool in the back yard but I knew it would be a pain to take care of. Also, it rains all the time with lightning, gets too hot in the summer, and it does get cold and windy here like today. My sons wanted a pool table in my garage but I said no to that. So I came up with an idea to solve everyone's request and added a 50' X 16' room that had a 10' X 16' screened-in BBQ and sunning area. The 16' X 40' area has a built-in 10 person spa with a bar that has a 2 1/2' wide water fall pouring into the spa over looking those in the spa. The big room has a roof and is screened and also has huge sliding windows so it can be open or enclosed on three sides. Added some ceiling fans and a separate A/C and heater so no matter what the weather is outside we can enjoy the spa, eating table, bar, pool table/ping pong, and dart board. There were existing sliding doors from my living room and master bedroom where I have one 73" and one 55" TV's both with 7.1 sound systems and blu-ray.

If I lived up there with you normal people, I'd certainly figure out a way to go swimming in the winter!

Thanks Don and colchiro, looks like I'm ordering the tan Husky cargo liner from where you got them. The good news is the cargo carpet already has a rubber bottom to keep spills from getting to the battery and it was only $93.08 to replace. The hard and expensive large carpet was $511.87 and they had to remove the front seats and reprogram all the sensors. The two larger head rest where $291.50 and the small one was $125.75. They sent the seats out for repair for only $220 and they look like new again. No chlorine damage was near the electrical access carpet so I feel good about that. The total repair and replacement was $1794.51 and $60 for a '10 Mazda 3 for two days. My deductible from Allstate was $250 but they only charged me $200. The dealership also sent my FEH over to be detailed inside and out so it looks like new completely. For some reason my Nav tank average was reset but my two SGII's showed my tank average down about 1 1/2mpg from when I left it there. I still think I should average 57mpg on this tank if I try.

GaryG

Old 02-25-2010, 09:18 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by subdewd

I understand Gary is so far up north he needs his pool inside.

Hi Gary, Hope you don't freeze to death way up north.

You can always come down south here if it gets too cold up there, I heard it may get in the 40's up there tonight.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by guerinkeywest
I understand Gary is so far up north he needs his pool inside.

Hi Gary, Hope you don't freeze to death way up north.

You can always come down south here if it gets too cold up there, I heard it may get in the 40's up there tonight.
I love the Keys and go there all the time to fish, dive and go boating. My family and I go so much we thought about buying a winter home down there. We had a friend that had a nice home on Cudjoe Key he rented to us and others cheep, but he sold it. I think the laws for renting weekly caused a problem for him. The beaches I think are nicer here down to South Beach but it was nice staying at that hotel where Kokomo Beach is in Key West.

It has been a colder winter here and we had to scrape ice off the windshield last month for a few days. Yesterday I even had Ice hitting my FEH as this cold front move into downtown WPB. No damage though and it was for only about 2 miles of my drive.

GaryG

Old 02-25-2010, 05:19 PM

For those thinking about ordering one of these cargo mats I just completed my order through PayPal. The link provided worked great and the price was listed at 82.95 with no tax and free shipping. The site ask you to provide your e-mail for a $10 coupon # for orders over $99. Instead, I stayed with the price of $82.95 to check-out and they gave me the $10 Off without the coupon #. Total price ended up to be much cheaper than I found on eBay. Total cost was $72.95 from Autoanything with no shipping cost. Thanks Guys!

GaryG

Old 02-25-2010, 06:03 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Gary. Glad that Rick and I were able to recommend Autoanything to you. My only bad experience with them was ordering front seat covers that were described as being side airbag compatible and were not. But even then they readily took them back, so not really a bad experience. If they have what I need I usually go there first.

Quick Reply: '09 FEH Husky Cargo Liner

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands