08 FEH Nav DVD

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 08 FEH Nav DVD

Interesting, it does look like Navteq is selling the 8p version. I wonder if the dealer that sold us the FEH will be able to get us the DVD now. I talked to them today before I saw this, and they said they would not order one that I found at a San Diego dealer.

I am calling Ford on Monday to hopefully get this done.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:44 PM
Enthusiast

Finally some progress. Dealer has informed us that they have an expected date of 7/23/09 for our Nav. DVD.

I told them "About time. See, now did that have to be so difficult?"

Old 07-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Enthusiast

Mark,
If you don't get it soon, let me know and I'll be glad to send you my version 6 disc, I updated to a higher version a few weeks back.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Richmond72
Mark,
If you don't get it soon, let me know and I'll be glad to send you my version 6 disc, I updated to a higher version a few weeks back.
Was the upgrade from version 6 to 8 worth it? What do you notice for improvements?

Old 07-22-2009, 02:49 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08MMHybridHappy
Was the upgrade from version 6 to 8 worth it? What do you notice for improvements?
It was worth it to me because I live near downtown Atlanta and there is a huge work/live/play development here that wasn't on version 6 and neither was my home address (new neighborhood). The new version has both. I bought the new version off of ebay for about $80. I was sold as used but it was still shrinkwrapped.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Enthusiast

OMG!! I just don't know what to say. The dealership who has been nameless up till now called today. They said the UPS guy came and had our DVD. But wait, there is a small problem....Viva Ford said that the dealer they ordered the disc from gave them a different price then what the UPS guy was supposed to collect. The difference of $15(yes, fifteen dollars) could not be covered by the dealer at this time, and I have to wait until tomorrow.

Are u (insert expletive) kidding me? When the parts manager told me this, I told him "I just don't know what to do except laugh at your dealership, and how they have handled this whole thing."

By the way, we still haven't gotten our hard plates from them either(and don't know when we will), and they say they are going to give us another temp tag.

I advise everyone to NOT go to Viva Ford in El Paso.

FWIW... We decided at the time of purchase that Viva would NOT be servicing our FEH.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:47 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Slampro
By the way, we still haven't gotten our hard plates from them either(and don't know when we will), and they say they are going to give us another temp tag.

I advise everyone to NOT go to Viva Ford in El Paso.

FWIW... We decided at the time of purchase that Viva would NOT be servicing our FEH.
I don't know how Texas manages it, but here in California, the state DMV mails the plates directly to the owner...

Old 07-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Enthusiast

In Texas, the dealer gives you a temp, then THEY go file and get the plates and then the buyer gets them at the dealership. Most dealers here get this done in a week or so.

The law actually gives them 21 days. With 21 day extension if the lein holder does not meet time requirements(we have recieved letter from lein holder saying that the process is complete) They have not passed the first 21 days yet though (it's been 14).

Old 07-24-2009, 06:08 PM
Enthusiast

Well, we finally got the DVD today. Two weeks after they said they ordered it, but did not. It only took them 4 days to come up with the COD amount (it took one day of shipping after it was finally ordered). We found out from UPS that they tried to deliver 3 times on 3 different days, and VIVA Ford did not have funds all three times..4th times a charm? At least it was version 7p, and not some older version.

Anyway, now our Nav works. Oh and because we went there yesterday and raised a stink, we got our permanent plates today too.

Now we don't have to deal with them anymore, and can take it to our regular Ford dealer for service.

Anyway, I just thought I would end this with the good news.

Last edited by Slampro; 07-24-2009 at 06:09 PM. Reason: clarification