08 Chrome option - Suggestions for front license plate

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Enthusiast
Default 08 Chrome option - Suggestions for front license plate

Hi all,

Anyone with an 08 FEH that lives in a state that requires a front license plate. I live in NYC, so a front plate is required. My FEH has the front chrome package and it doesn't appear there are any attachment holes in the chrome grill. The state I bought the FEH in, did not require a front plate. Now that I am putting on the real plates, I don't look forward to drilling new holes in the chrome.

Tie-wraps anyone?

Suggestions?

Old 01-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 08 Chrome option - Suggestions for front license plate

It sure would be nice for someone to make a plastic frame that would mount lower, in front of the grill below that chrome chin. I had the dealership leave the plate off the front even though it is required here too. Good luck, but you may just have to drill those holes. I actually think Ford should have molded the front of the car so the front plate would fit in with the design, instead of mounted on top of the front bumper cover...

Old 01-10-2008, 12:04 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 08 Chrome option - Suggestions for front license plate

Don't think so. But wish I could trade you pieces! I bought mine in a 2 tag state and mine is a 1 tagger, but they all ready screwed it on before I even looked at it, probably as they unload them I suppose.
Looks like mine was just screwed on 2 screwed through the bracket into the "chrome", looks easy to do. but would be nice it matched, or like leoashton said, ford to design it into the bumper.