06 MMH available for SALVAGE

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Enthusiast
Default 06 MMH available for SALVAGE

Well, one of my family's two 06 MMH gave its life to protect my father last Sunday. Some dipwad in a truck "saw a vehicle approaching his position at a high rate of speed, and decided to turn in front of said vehicle."

This other vehicle was ANOTHER truck. The driver tried to avoid the dipwad, but hit the back of the idiots truck and ricocheted into oncoming traffic... Where he found the headlamp, fender, edge of the hood, tire, driver's door, A pillar, and rear door of the driver's side.

The airbags did NOT DEPLOY. Luckily my dad is OK, but the insurance stopped counting at $10k of damage. I have a salvage price from them, and I'm putting this out here to see if there is interest in parts from this vehicle.

I'm experienced in evaluating parts myself, so I can honestly list the parts that are NOT acceptable due to damage: The driver's front wheel and suspension, and most likely the differential / driver's half of the axle.
When being moved around in the tow shed, the passenger wheel rotated (while the transmission was in park) and the driver's wheel is frozen. ALL the body parts of the driver's side are not worth the effort, and both doors are jammed shut. The hood is also gouged on the driver's edge, but none of the damage is really that deep except for the doors and the wheel. But b/c of the passenger cage being compromised, Insurance is calling this a total loss.

The gas engine and traction motors do NOT appear to have any damage. The battery tray is in its normal location and the wheel well engine-side edge also appears to be undamaged and not compressed in toward the engine.

This MMH had 150k on it, and virtually no problems throughout that lifespan. I recently replaced the MECS pump, and it has had basic maintenance as required with only synthetic fluids and premium plugs.
This was a 4WD model, with every option that Mercury / Ford had for them. CD changer, Nav radio, heated leather seats, etc. According to my Scangauge, the battery also was performing perfectly, no signs of age that I could detect.

So... Does anyone need parts? PLEASE email or PM me or post here, so I can make an educated decision about the salvage.

Last edited by Geordi; 05-12-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:56 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: 06 MMH available for SALVAGE

Location?
There iis a guy in El Salvador who needa your battery.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:55 AM
Enthusiast

Sorry, I guess I should have mentioned its location - It is in South Florida. I would be happy to discuss selling out the parts, do you have info for the guy who needs the battery?

Old 05-13-2011, 06:17 AM
Enthusiast

I would interested in buying entire package .Please send private message with your phone # so I can call you.
Ed

Old 05-14-2011, 06:27 AM
Active Enthusiast

I could use the PTU (for the 4WD). Mine's quite working.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:34 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Now if I had an engineless salvage Boxster or Cayman.....

Old 05-15-2011, 12:17 PM
Enthusiast

Pictures are now online, here is a link to the gallery on Dropbox.com so anyone can see the damage. These were taken before the insurance even did their assessment, and at the moment I do not have the ability to get more. I'm 500 miles away in Savannah, and I don't know if the insurance has picked up the Mariner from the yard and moved it.

FYI: I WAS able to open the hood without ANY metal-on-metal sounds or even any difficulty from the hinge being tweaked. It opened like nothing was wrong, so this further confirms to me that the damage is only on the exterior of the fender and what you can see in the pictures.

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/54471...crash?h=6d92fe