06 FEH interior

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Default Re: 06 FEH interior

Anne, thanks for the tire and rim info, That's just what I wanted to hear. I did not like my donut experiance and you were smart in paying extra. Having to wait 12 days for a new tire is not fun. Driving on a donut for 12 days and 400 miles is not a safe thing to do also. It looked like hell on there.

Think about it everyone.

GaryG

Old 12-12-2005, 10:33 AM
Enthusiast

Personally, I would have discouraged that but what is done is done. I have probably driven over a million miles and have never had a tire problem while on the road. The most likely time to have a flat tire is while it is sitting in your garage or your driveway. That's when the nail or whatever will slowly allow the air to escape from the tire. It's a good idea to check the tires frequently and I find the easiest way to do that is to push firmly on the sidewall of the tire. If there is any "give", you have a nail that is slowly bleeding the air out of your tire. If it is hard as a rock, you don't have a problem but it is a good idea to check for nails and other debris frequently. I have found several small nails that didn't puncture the body of the tire and gently removed them and nothing further was necessary. Otherwise, just take the car down to the dealer and let them deal with it. Your life is more important than the price of a new tire.

I would under no circumstances, and I mean no circumstances, attempt to change a tire at the side of the road. I would call for assistance and then wait. There are plenty of people who did this and are now residing in the graveyards. And when the tire tread is getting worn down; don't wait until it is all gone. Replace it early. As the tires get worn down the chance of picking up nails and punctures increases dramatically. The bottom line for me is the tires or my life. I'll choose my life anytime.

Old 12-12-2005, 03:32 PM

Missouri Mule, did someone give you this name or did you figure it out yourself?

GaryG

Old 12-12-2005, 03:40 PM
Enthusiast

I'm originally from Missouri, and Missouri was noted for its mules; also the "show-me" state. We are a little hard headed.