'05 vs. '08

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: '05 vs. '08

Okay, on closer look, I agree with you guys mostly about the shifter.

Here's the catch:
People like myself and GaryG have been practicing shifting for so long, it is second nature... like driving a stick shift.

I find I can move the shifter with such speed and fluency, that I CAN move between all gears without the button pressed, because if you go fast, the "catch" or "ratchet" or whatever does not have time to catch. I got used to it, and thought it was made that way.

If I go slow ( or normal ) then it behaves like Arbie2 says.
Thanks for pointing that out. Very fine details.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gpsman1
#4. The 2008 has weaker regen in the L gear position. I would put a
number of 25% less on it. And I can say that because we measured it.
This is not new for the '08 model. This is something that changed between the '05 and the '06 model. My experience is that the rate of regen in the '08 is about the same as in the '06.

The Low gear runup is also much less in the '06 - I read somewhere that they reprogrammed it because the runup in the '05's was discomforting to some people.

Old 06-10-2007, 12:31 PM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

gpsman1 — When you were trying out your friend Brian's 2008 FEH, did you by any chance have an opportunity to check out the "fuel-cut-with-closed-loop" behavior for that model?

Stan

Old 06-10-2007, 04:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nitramjr
This is not new for the '08 model. This is something that changed between the '05 and the '06 model. My experience is that the rate of regen in the '08 is about the same as in the '06.

The Low gear runup is also much less in the '06 - I read somewhere that they reprogrammed it because the runup in the '05's was discomforting to some people.

Interesting ... I have a 2007 FWD and it is very hard get it to run-up in warmer weather (I was trying to test fuel cut documented in another thread here).

-- Rick

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands