Events & Gatherings Meet with other hybrid enthusiasts from across the country [and world?].

CHICAGO lunch meet and greet Sunday September 17, 2006 2PM magianos Shaumburg

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 06:20 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: CHICAGO lunch meet and greet Sunday September 17, 2006 2PM magianos Shaumburg

I have made the reservation and it is under Mario for those that get there before I do. I cannot wait to see the turn out at this gathering!

Old 09-17-2006, 10:50 AM
Default Re: CHICAGO lunch meet and greet Sunday September 17, 2006 2PM magianos Shaumburg

Hey people I am not able to make it since something came up with the family. I was really looking forward to meeting new faces and seeing some old ones. But, I guess that will have to happen some other time. But, somebody take a digital camera and document this event please. Thanks!!!

But, Tom if you could take this over for me. I do have the table reserved at 2 under my name...Mario. If you have any troubles just give me a call.

Old 09-17-2006, 04:34 PM

Mario, everything went over well. 18 people showed up I think it put off the resteraunt because we had to get another table, but over all things were good.

We had a small contingent from Milwaukee crash our party (thanks for bringing the guys down Brad, it was great seeing you guys from up north again)

We were there from about 2pm to 5:30 I think. A few of us stuck around afterward to take pictures. I think there were a few cameras taking pictures. So guys, if you have pictures please upload them so we can all see.

I was thinking we should have went around the table and introduced ourselves but it seemed everyone had already paired off and started their own pockets of conversations.

We will have to do another one of these in a couple of months.

Old 09-17-2006, 08:38 PM
Enthusiast

I took some pictures and a woman at the nearby table took a couple.

I'm having problems posting them into my photo gallery so I put them on my Geocities site. Unfortunately, there's a download limit so you might hit that wall and will have to try again later. I have no captions yet.

http://www.geocities.com/tonypschaefer/Pri...001-800x600.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/tonypschaefer/Pri...002-800x600.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/tonypschaefer/Pri...004-800x600.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/tonypschaefer/Pri...007-800x600.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/tonypschaefer/Pri...008-800x600.JPG

Old 09-17-2006, 10:21 PM

Man, I don't look anything like what I do in those pictures. Your camera LIES!

Old 09-18-2006, 06:25 AM
Enthusiast

Are you kidding, I'm practically glowing. It's no wonder the back half of the table is so dark, I'm single-handedly reflecting all the light back at the camera.

I need a tan.

Old 09-18-2006, 06:33 AM
Active Enthusiast

Actually, I think it was 18.5 if you count that cute little blonde that was hanging around mikel52. But a great meet to be sure, hopefully a start to bigger and better meetings for Chicagoland. And I hope that someone has the sign-up/e-mail list that went around.

Wayne

Old 09-18-2006, 07:22 AM

Looks like it was a really great turnout! Now I really wished I could have made it. Well, more people showed up than signed up. But, it is about right if all the people on the list brought a friend or partner with. We should definitely have another meeting before the cold and snow set in. Maybe one before Thanksgiving? That way we don’t have to deal with all the Christmas shoppers and such fighting for parking spaces!

Old 09-18-2006, 08:26 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

First off: hello again to all of you, and it was great to meet you yesterday! I had fun- hope each of you did, too. To those of you I didn't get to meet or talk to much, I hope to see you again at another meeting. Sorry we missed you, exbauer. I agree with Tom- we should have gone around the table once and introduced everyone, but it did seem a little awkward.

The e-mail/sign-in list that went around was originated by Claudia, and she has it. She isn't a GH poster, but maybe after this she will be, and then we can contact her to get it if we want to invite everyone back.

Thanks for the pictures, Tony!

Old 09-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Enthusiast

Tom, I just want to say that you did a great job on Sunday. I'm glad that our contingient of three from Milwaukee were well received. All of you in Chicago have been very supportive of our efforts in Milwaukee and we just want to pay that support back to you.

The lunch was great and the conversation on our end of the table was spectacular. I enjoyed meeting everyone and especially our old friends. The meet afterwards in the parking lot was also great. You have a great core of people that I would love to see and talk to again.

I also agree with you that Tony's camera is messed up, I usually look better than what he's shown to us. At least I was in the backgound most of the time. Sorry we missed you Mario but we'll see you soon.

Keep up the good work Tom and we would love to come down again to your next meet if invited.

On behalf of Justin and Bobb Cherney, keep workn' it to all our new Chicago area friends,

Bradlee Fons
The Milwaukee Hybrid Group

Quick Reply: CHICAGO lunch meet and greet Sunday September 17, 2006 2PM magianos Shaumburg

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands