Resale value...going up?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 11:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

I was out test driving some new cars with my g/f (shes looking, not me) and she really wants a new Prius. So we test drove one of those, while she was impressed, she was kind of displeased at the sticker price. Although she does know why it is as expensive as it is, its just simply out of her range right now. So I though I'd look into some used ones on Ebay, local auctions, etc. Only to find that the resale value of 2nd Gens with <10K miles on them is nearly the same as the MSRP of brand new Prius's. WTH is going on?? I took nearly a 60% hit on my Insight just a year and a half after it rolled out of the factory. And here these Prius owners are almost making a profit from driving their cars?! :blink: Please tell me this was a fluke market fluctuation or something.

Old 07-26-2004, 01:58 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

too much demand so the prices go up.