Aftermarket XM installation - Highlander Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 02:47 PM
Enthusiast
Default Aftermarket XM installation - Highlander Hybrid

Hello:
Has anyone out there had XM installed in their Highlander Hybrid?
We are looking into it presently and are running into people who say it can be done but want us to buy a gazillion parts to hook it into the existing Nav system.
If someone can help, please notify us.
Thanks,
Patty and Mike

Old 11-15-2005, 03:30 PM
Automania Enthusiast
Default Re: Aftermarket XM installation - Highlander Hybrid

Originally Posted by pattyflys2
Hello:
Has anyone out there had XM installed in their Highlander Hybrid?
We are looking into it presently and are running into people who say it can be done but want us to buy a gazillion parts to hook it into the existing Nav system.
If someone can help, please notify us.
Thanks,
Patty and Mike
Check out this site....
http://www.factoryinteractive.com/
http://www.factoryinteractive.com/HighlanderXM/

Old 11-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have sirius in my prius, but i know that xm also has head units that dont need any hook up at all,basically you buy the head unit and figure out where you want to mount it. run the supplied antenna wire however you want, put the magnetic antenna on the roof and plug the unit into a lighter plug in the car. Then you need to tune the radio and the head unit to the same radio station (they will give you options) ie; 97.9 103.5 etc. and enjoy. I have like i said a sirius and the head unit is a Blaupunkt sr-4 it works great and you dont have to tear apart the dash, or hook anything to the radio nav etc... good luck. Dean

Old 11-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Right now, www.xmradio.com has their Roady2 model on sale for $29.99! It's a complete package; nothing more to buy. Installation is straight forward.

The only option I'd get is the kit that taps into the antenna wire, so that the sound will be better quality. I believe it's another $29.99. But, this kit is highly unnecessary. The Roady2 sounds pretty good, as is.

I have the Roady2 installed in my wife's Escape. After I got my HAH, she started to enjoy having XM when in my car. So one day, I surprised her by installing XM in her Escape! She loves it.