window replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 01:46 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default window replacement

Due to one of my kind juvenile neighbors, I had to replace a rear passenger side window in my TCH. It's a long story but apparently someone in my area is shooting out windows of cars (both parked and moving) with some sort of projectile. Perhaps a pellet or bb gun.

So I called the dealer because I wanted to find out what it may cost to replace the window, and if it was enough to cover my deductible. Ends up total cost for installation and labor was 210.00 I was floored. I was thinking it was going to cost around 500.

So if anyone is wondering what windows cost, at least the rear passenger side is cheap.

Old 11-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: window replacement

I replaced a rear passenger window in my 2000 Camry recently and it was about $210 too. (Someone crashed it in with an iron frying skillet to steal a bag from inside on Christmas Eve.)

I bet the front window would be a mess to replace (esp. with the built in antanae dots!)

Old 11-02-2007, 07:35 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: window replacement

Front windshield replacement doesn't seem to be all that bad--just have to be sure they get the acoustic-dampening windshield for the TCH and not the basic one for the non-hybrids. And it does cost more for the acoustic one.