Whoomp whoomp

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 04:39 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Whoomp whoomp

OK, has anyone had a fun noise coming from the rear when taking off?
Mine started doing this about a week ago.
It sounds like this: whoomp-whoomp. That's it. Two whoomps and gone.
Not always. Does this only when started in the morning or after day long parking at work. Did it so far maybe 6 times this week.

Last job done was parking break shoes. Of course, my thought went along this line, so I had rear end up in the air this morning. Wheels spin freely both directions, just normal faint rotor to pads touch noise. No drag, no signs of overheated rotors, no decrease in rolling ability. Mpg is not going down(well, some due to cold, but nothing radical, like she drags).

Anyone? It does sound like as if brake pads make quick initial rub....And then settle.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Whoomp whoomp

Had a lot of early morning dew lately? Sounds like you have some minor rust that is being brushed off real quick in the morning.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Whoomp whoomp

Well, daahh, here in the Pacific NW, it's simply HUMID.
But it now makes sense, thank you, David. As after I had parking shoes replaced, I have a more intimate contact with parking drum... As, like I said, wheel spins just fine.
I think you must be right. It'll polish itself off eventually.
I'll stop freaking out over it. Thanks, man.
Hey, have Monroes coming Wednesday and kick ars spring compressor, clamshell. Will gid'm done Friday and align Saturday. Will let you know how went it.

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands