Well Folks..I DOOD IT !

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 09:57 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Well Folks..I DOOD IT !

DDRAT ! After just 12,000 miles.. I had to do it.. Bumped into a sport utility who, while in a turning lane, after a stop light turned green, suddenly stopped.. I didn't ARGHHH around $3,700 dmaage..
This was the first accident I have had in over 30 years.. Boy did I feell DUMB
https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/fi.../9/TCHOwie.jpg

Car is at a Genuine TOYOTA body shop and using only NEW parts. Hope she's good as new again. I really miss her. Am driving a crappy Mazda6 now.. Man I want my HYBRID back!

Old 01-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Well Folks..I DOOD IT !

It'll be back to new before you know it.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:02 AM
it's just a car...

I wonder if you'll get a Georgetown KY USA bumper or the original Japanese item (with plug).

Old 01-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

Ouch!!

Old 01-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

That looks worse than my deer incident. $3700 doesn't sound that bad considering mine was about $4700. Did you not puncture the radiators or other parts behind the grille?

Old 01-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Dazed and Confused

A coworker was recently side swiped in his SE V-6 Camry. It was about $18,000 in damages. So far he said the car drives just like it did before the accident. If they can replace the entire side of a car, and do that good a job, I am sur your front end work will be done just as good. (I know they are not the same shop, but I assume Toyota has standards their shops must meet.)

Old 01-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Enthusiast

my wife hit a median at ohare airport in our TCH, both doors on the passenger side were scraped pretty good an the bottom of the rear wheel well was damaged also. ~$3000 in damages, I had it repaired at Toyota authorized repair shop, the car looks and drive good as new.

Old 01-21-2007, 05:48 PM
Enthusiast

Toyota dealership body shops can do a good job. But there are plenty of new car dealership body shops that I would never let touch my car. In my community, the best body shops are independent body shops because body repairs are all they do.

Keep in mind that for most all new car dealerships, the body shop is not a priority part of their business. It's not a money maker. Dealerships make their money selling new and used cars, not repairing body damage. For this reason, some dealerships owners don't invest in the best technicians and the latest technology and training.

In fact, some dealerships are getting out of the body shop end of the business altogether. With EPA regs, etc. it's just too much of a headache.

Independent body shops make their money only in auto body repairs, and must do so with absolute excellence to prosper.

What determines the quality of repairs is the technician that touches the car. Good shops will have great reputations, and you can find out by asking friends and neighbors who does good work. They will get the work done right and on time. They will work with your insurance company. They are well managed.

And you want to make sure that the body shop has properly trained techs who have the latest industry certified training in hybrid vehicles. Hybrid vehicles have high voltage components that require special training to repair.

Old 01-21-2007, 05:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'll let you all know.. I should get it back this week. I am pretty thorough so I am expecting it to be like new again.I sure miss it.
The Mazda 6 is NO comparison by any stretch!

Old 01-22-2007, 05:57 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about the mishap...You'll have to post pics after the repair

Quick Reply: Well Folks..I DOOD IT !

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands