undercoating void hybrid warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default undercoating void hybrid warranty?

hi
when i bought my car i was told that if i undercoat my car, my hybrid warranty will be void?(canadian dealership)

says only if done at dealership is ok, as they dont hit orange cable with undercoating, i chuckled and declined
anybody else hear this?
dan

Old 11-26-2007, 06:45 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: undercoating void hybrid warranty?

your car... for that matter ALL new car are already weather proofed from the factory (meaning they come with an undercoating in place). you should NOT add an additional undercoating because you (or the installers) are likely to PLUG key areas (for drainage) and water/salt will pool there... defeating the whole point of getting undercoating.

the only time you should undercoat a car is if it's NOT new or it's been in an accident.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:28 AM
Active Enthusiast

hi
thanks you, but ive never seen so much bare metal on the bottom of a car in my life

i sprayed all area except around the orange cable with a anti rust oil, very light, im sure i could be powerwashed off, if need be

but im suprised they would say no warranty, as they supply a rust proffing service if i wanted it
thanks
dan

Old 11-26-2007, 10:04 AM

the dealers probably know which areas to avoid.

as for bare metal, i've never seen a modern car with bare metal anything unless it's aluminum. do you have pics of the undersiding?

Old 11-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

hi, well, its shiny metal with no undercoating on it, per se, like a rubber coat, or anything

or even a painted heavy coat of something to look like undercoating, just painted metal, anyway, i sprayed it, dont trust it, thats all
dan

Old 11-27-2007, 11:14 AM
SPL

Pretty well the whole underside of the car is either low-corrosion steel or else is undercoated. I'm attaching pages BO-10 and 11 from the New Car Features Guide.

Stan

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
BO-10to11.pdf (146.8 KB, 34 views)