A true testimonial of the NAVIGATION system

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 05:20 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default A true testimonial of the NAVIGATION system

We just concluded a very long 5,000 mile trip out west and I've got to tell you that I am a 'true' believer in the navigation technology. We were gone 17 days and each day the guidance system worked flawlessly!. We NEVER had any difficulty finding addresses in some of the most remote locations.. I have NAV version 5.1 if anyone was wondering.
Even on some of the old route 66 in Oklahoma, where we drove around 50 miles of it, did the NAV fail us.
One particularly astounding thing was when we visited relatives in Farmington, New Mexico. I wanted to see a large rock formation which was about 20 miles away known as Shiprock.

In the right background. My uncle told me to turn in off of the highway and I said "where?". It was just a cattle grate. We drove on what can HARDLY be called a road. It was merely two wagon ruts accross the desert !. Complete with holes the size of Volkwagons!. We drove about 5-7 miles into the desert when I turned on the NAV system and shockingly, It knew where we were. I will never forget it, it stated INDIAN SERVICE ROAD 5120 !!.
Who can find fault with this?
Through Colorado, Wyoming, Yellowstone, The Badlands it NEVER failed us once! And many times it was our only information source to find food.
I will post some pictures of the TCH on this 'road' sometime next week.

I just wanted everyone to know how I was very pleased with the TCH Navigation system!.

WillyBill

Old 09-21-2006, 12:33 PM
Along for the ride.....
Default Re: A true testimonial of the NAVIGATION system

Sounds like a great trip - hope it was fun and the seats were comfortable

Old 09-21-2006, 12:41 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: A true testimonial of the NAVIGATION system

The seats were very comfortable.. Being that it was such a long trip and some days were 500 miles+. The seats and their relative positions and lumbar support make for an absolute pleasure in driving. I did not tire at all during these long days. In my Honda Pilot, I frequently had leg and hip pain during long trips. I think it is the design of the seat as much as the position. At any rate, it was a great trip. and we have coined the voice in the NAV system 'Ernestine'!. She did a great job. Occasionally we had to deviate from the route or stop for a while and had to 'stop giudance' but she quickly woke up and never missed a turn. The turn-by-turn was great and the right side of the screen would let you know that your next turn was in NNN miles.
It has been a true pleasure to own the TCH!.