Tire Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Tire Suggestions?

Need to replace the OEM tires. Any suggestions on tires that have good wear but don't kill the MPG?

Thanks

John

Old 05-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Tire Suggestions?

I've been very pleased with the Sumitomos I put on mine. After my great disappointment in only get 12k miles out of the stock Bridgestone.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:47 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Do a search of the forum, there are a few hundreds posts on the subject.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Enthusiast

I've got Michelins on my '09 TCH that was made in Japan.
I keep the tire pressure at 35psi, getting 41 mpg.

I've had good mileage on Michelins on my other cars over the
years; 60,000+ miles.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Which Michelins did you get? I just ordered the Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S from tire rack.

Thanks

John

Old 05-07-2009, 12:18 PM
Enthusiast

Michelin Energy MXV4

Old 05-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Camry Freak

A cheaper alternative to the Michelin Energy MXV4's are the Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires. They were much cheaper, and I didn't notice any decrease in mileage. The Energy tires are about $160/tire, the Primacy tires are about $140/tire.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by zebrajeb
Which Michelins did you get? I just ordered the Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S from tire rack.

Thanks

John
The Pilot Exalto's is a good choice of tire. I was having my tires rotated and balanced at the Discount Tire Store in El Paso a while back. I saw a worker come out of the shop. I stopped him and ask, which tire do you find to be the roundest. He said the Michelin's seem to be the roundest. He said, I just put on a new set of Pilot's on a customers car and they did they did not need any weights.

I have had many sets of Michelin's over the years and they seem to last longer than other brands of tires I have used. Although they do seem to cost more than some othe bands.

Goodyear makes some good tires like their Assurance line.

Last edited by rburt07; 05-08-2009 at 03:32 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Old Boomer Techie

Goodyear has a new LRR tire out that is getting good reviews. It is called the Assurance Fuel Max. A few TCH owners have them on and like them so far, but not many miles traveled yet. Tire Rack has them and they are available at most Goodyear dealers and stores.

You will need to get the "P-Metric" size instead of Eurometric. They are only slighty smaller (about a tenth of an inch diameter), but all other dimensions are the same. If your like me, that will correct your speedometer to about dead on <grins>.

Last edited by FastMover; 05-08-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:50 PM

The Michelin 'Energy Saver' Tire is suppose to be similar in performance as the Goodyear Fuel Max. The problem with the Energy Saver is that you can buy it in Europe, Africa and South American but not here in the States. Both tires are copies of one of their top selling tires. The difference is a new chemical compound used in the rubber.

I saw a Energy Saver tire advertisement in a automotive magazine the other night. If I see it again, I will buy the magazine, to read more on tire's details. If Michelin is placing ads for it, I would think it would be available soon in America.

Goodyear demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1Nhx_USmJg

Michelin demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se-W2R615oU

A different view:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgT3M...eature=related

Last edited by rburt07; 05-08-2009 at 02:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Tire Suggestions?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands