Thanks for the info

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 10:59 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Thanks for the info

I ordered a blue ribbon metalic fully loaded TCH on July 5.

Thanks to you all for the enjoyable, educational and eye-opening information. I am a little worried about getting the car by Sept 30. Does putting a deposit down at more than one dealer really improve ones chances of getting the car of ones dreams?

Old 07-21-2006, 11:23 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Thanks for the info

Look around for info on the Tax Credit running out near or at the end of Sept. Not wanting to scare you but it get cut in half at the end of the 2nd quarter.. But it's late and I'm sure you'll look into it.. And it's a GREAT CAR....

Old 07-21-2006, 11:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks Dave.

I already knew about the tax deadline. That is why I stated that I was concerned about getting a delivery by Sept 30.

Old 07-22-2006, 06:46 AM
Enthusiast

There have been a couple of threads where people have put down multiple refundable deposits and its helped and others who called every fleet manager within a certain radius and talked to them about getting their names on a list.

I pretty much called a number of fleet managers within a certain radius and let them know I was talking to other dealers. None of them needed a deposit from me until they knew they had the model or trim I wanted. I started at the end of May (after Memorial Day) and took delivery on June 14th when a dealer had someone back out of deal on them at the last minute.

It worked out for me and seems to have worked out for a number of others as well.

Originally Posted by BlueCam

Thanks to you all for the enjoyable, educational and eye-opening information. I am a little worried about getting the car by Sept 30. Does putting a deposit down at more than one dealer really improve ones chances of getting the car of ones dreams?

Old 07-22-2006, 08:10 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlueCam

Sept 30 is approximatly 10 weeks away. It's no guarantee, but there are lots of folks in this formum that have waited much less than 10 weeks to get the car of choice. i could be wrong, but I bet the mental anguish will weigh heavier than the tax credit deadline, expecially for a the metalic blue ribbon...great color!