TCH got creamed.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Active Enthusiast
Angry TCH got creamed.

So a dude runs a red light and creams the rear driver side quarterpanel. pretty much from the drivers side fuel door back. You could actually see the whole back side of the tire.. Less than 1 year, less than 9k miles.

Turns out the faulty driver has less than stellar coverage (at least he has some).. So I need to have this car looked at and "fixed".. I'm afraid it'll be quite $$$, also, I'm not thinking of sending it any body shop. I want Toyota to look at it and determine whats it really gonna take and if at all fix it.

Does anyone have any recommendations on Southern Californian dealership bodyshop/repairs? I heard Power Irvine might be a good option, but I didn't like their sales guys.

I'm fine, but the TCH.. so sad.. When I looked at it, the rear driver side bumper was dragging, and there was a hissing sound.. sounded like it came from the batteries.. So I stayed quite a bit away from it.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: TCH got creamed.

Bummer!

Old 05-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Toyota & Mazda Enthusiast

Caliber Collision Centers -- Anaheim location- did a really, really good job on our last Camry a few years ago after it got pelted by sand and debris. Stupid bulk truck carrying crud without a cover sprayed debris over her. AAA adjuster and Caliber made her new again -- even after being 10 years old.

AVOID Hi-Tech Collision Centers like the plague...

Old 05-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

JTirak, yeah, it sucks..

martinmzfan: Thanks!! I'm actually looking at actual Toyota dealerships.. If it were just body damage away from the batteries and such, I would have no problem with an independent. In this case, its real close to the batteries.. It was comforting hearing hissing from the trunk area either.. I want someone that can look at that electric motor and all the relevant components and determine the real damage and whether it can be fixed or not.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

With the car being that new I think you can recommend new parts. I'm talking maybe quarter panels. After a car is years older the body shops may use a after market fender and etc. Best to use a new Toyota fender like from a Toyota warehouse.

I would ask for a certified hybrid technician to do the electrical stuff. I would think working with a hybrid, that would be automatic at any Toyota dealership.

Old 05-03-2008, 04:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about that, not good....

Old 05-03-2008, 08:17 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I am glad you are ok...sorry about the car. At least the car can be repaired or replaced. Stay safe!

Old 05-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Enthusiast

I don't know if this estimate helps, but after I was seriously rear-ended, a Toyota authorized body shop (the only authorized shop in our area) did work that came out to $9200. But all the replaced parts were OEM. This included both rear quarter panels, trunk lid, bumper, headlights and straightening out one or both rails, the entire floor of the car, exhaust, tailpipe, and probably more stuff I'm forgetting. But there was no battery damage.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I decided to have it towed to Longo (they are a Toyota Certified Collision Center).. Power Irvine is too, but I had a bad previous experience there (and they are WAY closer to where I live).

Here are some pics of my PCH at the tow yard:

TCH1.jpg

TCH2.jpg

Old 05-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

nyc2socal:

That absolutely sucks. Somebody clocked my passenger side mirror on my TCH, taking out a small dime-size chunk of plastic, and THAT made me feel bad.

Thanks for posting the pictures. Glad the hit wasn't in the driver's door.

Quick Reply: TCH got creamed.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands