Switching Cellphone Users

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 10:37 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Switching Cellphone Users

Problem!

We have one car, a TCH and 2 Bluetooth enabled cellphones. Both my wife and I drive the same car and have to relink our cellphone each time we switch drivers.

Does anybody have an easy solution to relinking with another phone? I find it quite annoying to go through all the verbal commands each time I get in the car if my wife has previously linked her phone. Note we have the non-navigation system.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Switching Cellphone Users

My mobile phone (Sanyo Katana) is set to automatically link with the TCH, and your phone set-up should have the same capability. My phone also has a Bluetooth "Enable/Disable" that makes it simple to switch phone users. (Enable yours, disable your wife's, etc.) My phone has the additional feature of a customizable "Favorites" menu, and I added thee "Enable/Disable" menu to my favorites, to make it faster to access. You should never have to fiddle with your TCH's settings, once all phones are paired.

Old 04-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Switching Cellphone Users

Wouldn't it be nice if they could tie those kind of settings to your key transponder such that when you got in your car, it would automatically choose your phone pairing settings. Maybe some day they will at least offer it on the Lexus. Right now the only way to do it that I know, is to select your phone from the settings menu. You are already a step ahead of me, I didn't know there was a way to do it from voice commands.