Super EV mode idea

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Super EV mode idea

You know how some cars have a sport mode on the shifter right? Well I think we need a Super EV mode button.

Here are my thoughts. Sometimes I want to stay in EV, but it is so hard because the Ice wants to start up. I think the super ev mode button should be pressed when you want to make it less sensitive for the ICE to kick in. We all know that the Electric motor is pretty strong. Put it in reverse and drive a bit and you will see what I am talking about. It just seams that when I am cruising in EV mode and I hit the slightest incline I try so hard not to kick the ice on.

This would not effect the ice coming on when the battery gets low.

What do you think?

Old 12-08-2006, 11:51 AM
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Default Re: Super EV mode idea

Originally Posted by FL07THC
You know how some cars have a sport mode on the shifter right? Well I think we need a Super EV mode button.

What do you think?
Good idea.

Old 12-08-2006, 07:55 PM
Dazed and Confused

Except that forcing EV mode might cause lower mileage than letting the ICE run.

Now if you instal a plug-in conversion, this all changes, and you would need more forced EV mode driving.

Old 12-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Enthusiast

I think this a great idea thread. I agreee that there "Ought to be" a way of changing the threshold where the I.C.E. kicks on if the driver chooses to use more EV than I.C.E. Perhaps there will be some after-market performance-changing PROM's like the ones you can buy for changing the performance curves on non-Hybrid vehicles?

I'd love to plug-in my TCH at night, too!

Old 12-11-2006, 12:10 PM
Enthusiast

yes it would be good if we had an option to plug-in the TCH and Charge the battery and force to use battery untill the charge reduces to 25% or so