Sounds on my 2007 Camry Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Sounds on my 2007 Camry Hybrid

My wife and I recently bought a 2007 Camry Hybrid and it's great. The only issue I have is I hear this 'cricket' sound out of the drivers side. It's not a steady sound; comes and goes. I also hear it when I make a left turn. When my wife is in the car, she can't hear it. Maybe it's only on the drivers side.

Note: Of course, I have the windows down and radio off. I did bring it to Toyota, but the mgr said unless it's a steady sound, they wouldn't be able to locate the sound.

Anyone experience this?.

I did have another issue and that was a sound coming from the center of the dashboard especially when I went over the slightest bumps. Sounded like something loose. It appears to have gone away????. Again, Toyota will only look at it if it is constant.

Your comments are appreciated.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Sounds on my 2007 Camry Hybrid

I have the exact same thing!! I wouldn't call it a "cricket", more of a squeak, but it is annoying and I get it on left hand turns. How do I get rid of it??

Old 09-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The only sounds we have found on our new 2007 TCH is in the passenger door storage pocket. That would be on my wife's side. She carries this and that in there. We live in the country on a older paved rough road. It sure brings out any squeaks or rattles in any car we have owned. This TCH is really tight and usually its her stuff making the noise.

Once I found few penny down in the cup holder that was causing a noise.
The only other I could find is a low level sound. It was coming from the plastic handle in the ceiling just above the drives side door. I moved it with my left hand, then it stopped. I have not heard from that same handle in a while now.

I hope you find your noise. Kind of nice when you find its something you put in the car that rattles or squeaks and not the car itself.

click on Search near the top of this page and type in, cricket sound. I found a older post you may be interested in with a similar problem from the console.

Let us know what you find.

Old 09-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Enthusiast

I believe the cricket noise is from the ionizer to the plasmacluster ac which is located in the driver's side ac vent

Old 09-13-2007, 10:09 PM
Enthusiast

No, mine sounds like is coming from the door, where it closes. Above my left ear, basically. I only hear it at low speeds, usually on rough pavement and while turning left.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:59 AM

Be sure you pull that plastic handle half way down anytime you hear the noise. It could be the culprit. It was in my car but after pulling it out some over a few weeks the sound went away. Your sound may be from something else. Good Luck

Old 09-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Enthusiast

Could be the seatbelt height adjuster. Mine rattles on the passenger side.

Ryan

Old 09-16-2007, 07:23 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rburt07
Be sure you pull that plastic handle half way down anytime you hear the noise. It could be the culprit. It was in my car but after pulling it out some over a few weeks the sound went away. Your sound may be from something else. Good Luck

Thanx for your response. Could be more specific on the 'plastic handle' and where it is located.

Your response is appreciated.

Old 09-16-2007, 11:51 AM

The plastic handle should be just above each front door. It's stays flush with the ceiling material. Its spring loaded but it also has a hydraulic cushion when you let go. This may also help keep it steady on rough roads. Mine made a low level noise only on a very rough paved road here near our house. I was driving at 30 mph at the time. I pulled the handle out the few times it did it and now I have not heard it in near a month.

Old 09-18-2007, 06:08 AM
Enthusiast

I agree with all the posts & found many of my "sounds" to be stuff I've brought into the TCH which rattles around.

I do find that the passenger seat belt is a big culprit when not straight & in-position - it often gets a bit twisted & then taps the side door panel.

So far after 7 months I haven't had any TCH sounds on its on or unexplained.

Quick Reply: Sounds on my 2007 Camry Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands