So!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Enthusiast
Default So!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have my 2 week new 50th Anniversary TCH. Beautiful car.

Tuesday had the XM satalite kit installed. Worked ok. No dropouts.

Thurdsday had the windows tinted. 15% in the back 35% in the front.

Drove home today and the satalite kept dropping.

Satalite is mounted inside rear window, left of light.

So my question is, was the satalite having a bad day or is the window tinting going to affect the reception. I have never had satalite before so I don't know if the drops are normal or not. Seems like they shouldn't be.

Any thoughts?

Pat

Old 08-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: So!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the XM satalite radio on my mom's accord does loose connection occasionally, so it is not uncommon, and her's is an outside mount. The best way to see if it has to do with the tinting is sit somewhere with a clear view all the way around you where you are getting a strong signal, and if it continues to drop out it probably has to do with the windows, otherwise it is simply where you are driving is making you loose it.
but those are just my thoughts

Old 08-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Lord of Time and Space

I've read that the kind of tint you install (metallic or ceramic) can affect the ability of the Smart Key to unlock the doors.

If that's true (and I have no verification of this), perhaps it could also affect XM reception.

Old 08-04-2007, 03:53 AM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.

Someone else posted about the same issue, and had to move the antenna to the trunk lid to stop the dropouts after tinting the windows.

Old 08-04-2007, 10:55 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Lots of posts on this issue, do a search. Your guys used metallic-based tint, which will reduce your satellite radio reception. You should have used non-metallic tint.

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands