Smart Key Auto Unlock

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Advanced Technology-PZEV
Default Smart Key Auto Unlock

I just wanted to know if it me, or have other people noticed this too...

My buddy has a May TCH and his car doesnt do that , while my August TCH does.

Basically if i have the smart key in my pocket and i just put my hand behind the hande (not even touch it) it auto unlocks. but if i touch the outside of the handle or any other part of the camry nothing happens.

Old 09-19-2006, 05:45 PM
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Default Re: Smart Key Auto Unlock

Originally Posted by Rcommander

Basically if i have the smart key in my pocket and i just put my hand behind the hande (not even touch it) it auto unlocks. but if i touch the outside of the handle or any other part of the camry nothing happens.
The highlighted part works the same for me. But I have to actually touch, no matter how lightly, the inside of the handle to unlock the doors. I got may car in early May.

Old 09-19-2006, 06:20 PM
WVGasGuy

I have a May 5th purchase TCH. I have to touch the inside of the handle on the sensor for mine to unlock. Nothing happens with a touch on the outside

Old 09-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Question Re: Smart Key Auto Unlock

I'm confused as to what you are trying to tell us.

Your car is working correctly. You must touch the inside of the door handle to open the locks, that is where the sensor is located. Touching the outside of the handle does nothing.

If you are saying that your friends car does not unlock when touching the inside, then your friend has a faulty sensor on the door handle, or the option for unlocking the doors has the wrong setting and needs to be reprogrammed.

But if you are saying that your friends car also unlocks when touching the outside of the door handle, then he has a special car, because it's not supposed to do that!

Old 09-19-2006, 09:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WVGasGuy
I have a May 5th purchase TCH. I have to touch the inside of the handle on the sensor for mine to unlock. Nothing happens with a touch on the outside
Ah, but it does! You touch the little square on the outside of the handle and it locks!

I think that I can just put my hand inside the handle area and not touch anything and it will unlock. Will pay better attention tomorrow morning. I do know that if it does require a touch it is hardly anything!

Old 09-20-2006, 06:24 AM
HSD Organic Interface

I'm pretty sure it's a thermal sensor, so if you have hot hands you might not necessarily have to actually touch the inside door handle, just putting your fingers in behind the handle might trigger it as well. It will be interesting to see how well it works in freezing conditions with insulated gloves (or frozen hands, brrr). The manual says it might take a few seconds to register... I wonder if winter will become "fob season".

Old 09-20-2006, 09:12 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I wish there was a sensor in the back doors too that would unlock those. Yes I know you can change the drivers door to unlock all of them, but sometimes I just need to get into the backseat. My wife only wants the drivers door to unlock for safety when she drives it.

Old 09-20-2006, 09:17 AM
Happy 07 TCH Owner

FL07THC: Tell your wife that all the doors lock again as soon as you take the car out of park.

Old 09-20-2006, 11:38 AM
Advanced Technology-PZEV

Originally Posted by flopshot
I'm confused as to what you are trying to tell us.

Your car is working correctly. You must touch the inside of the door handle to open the locks, that is where the sensor is located. Touching the outside of the handle does nothing.

If you are saying that your friends car does not unlock when touching the inside, then your friend has a faulty sensor on the door handle, or the option for unlocking the doors has the wrong setting and needs to be reprogrammed.

But if you are saying that your friends car also unlocks when touching the outside of the door handle, then he has a special car, because it's not supposed to do that!
No lol all i am saying is my car unlocks even if i put my hand behind the handle (between handle an door) but my friend who got the car in may, it doesnt do that at all!

Old 09-20-2006, 11:46 AM
HSD Organic Interface

No lol all i am saying is my car unlocks even if i put my hand behind the handle (between handle an door) but my friend who got the car in may, it doesnt do that at all!
Does your friend have one of those icy cold and clammy handshakes?

Quick Reply: Smart Key Auto Unlock

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands