It REALLY SUCKS.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 08:57 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default It REALLY SUCKS.....

My car just got it's first door ding and it is BAD. I don't even have one this bad on my Highlander and I don't think I have ever had one like this on my other cars. It is a 3-4 inch crease in the metal. It is so bad you can see it at any angle from over 30 feet away! In the center of the crease the paint is gone and down to the metal. There are also 3 paint chips near the crease. I took it to Toyota today and they quoted me $480 . I have one more body shop I am going to get a quote from.

So now I guess I must get door side moldings. I really have been putting it off because I really don't care for the looks of the molding. I feel they might grow on me though. My wife made a good point last night. She said the moldings will look alot better than door dings.

I have to get the car fixed before getting the moldings, so while I wait does anyone have a pic of them on a Mag gray Camry? Does anyone have a good cheap source to order them from?

Old 12-02-2006, 05:14 AM
joe540ci
Default Re: It REALLY SUCKS.....

Toyota Parts and Accessories Store Try these guys

Old 12-02-2006, 07:33 AM
Recent Hybrid convert

Originally Posted by FL07THC
My car just got it's first door ding and it is BAD [...] So now I guess I must get door side moldings. I really have been putting it off because I really don't care for the looks of the molding. I
Truly sorry to hear about this, FL07THC!

I don't particularly like those darn side moldings myself, but your 'accident' and the price they quoted to fix it is making me think twice... Thanks for sharing!

Old 12-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Active Enthusiast

Ordered mine from here last week:
www.trdparts4u.com

It was the best price I could find. Will be here on Monday.

Old 12-02-2006, 10:31 AM
joe540ci
Old 12-02-2006, 09:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

DON'T go to a body shop!
Call a paintless dent removal guy!

I had a ding and had it removed for $75!

Call a bunch of car dealerships in your town and ask what day of the week their paintless dent removal guy comes in. Most dealerships have a relationship with one because they take dings out of their used cars that they resell.

Old 12-03-2006, 07:34 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hamm3r
DON'T go to a body shop!
Call a paintless dent removal guy!

I had a ding and had it removed for $75!

Call a bunch of car dealerships in your town and ask what day of the week their paintless dent removal guy comes in. Most dealerships have a relationship with one because they take dings out of their used cars that they resell.
I have used them before, but if you read my post you will see that I am also missing paint. That will take a body shop to do correctly.

Old 12-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JOE540CI
Joe, can you (or anyone) tell me what the shipping is on all-weather floormats? I really hate that I have to enter all of my checkout information before they'll tell me what the shipping charge is going to be.

Old 12-03-2006, 11:34 AM
Malcontent

Originally Posted by elsifer
Joe, can you (or anyone) tell me what the shipping is on all-weather floormats? I really hate that I have to enter all of my checkout information before they'll tell me what the shipping charge is going to be.
It's going to be about $20-25. I ordered the front license plate bracket and wheel locks with my mats and paid $27 shipping. The mats are pretty heavy and there were 4 mats rather than the two I expected based on the pictures.

The all-weather mats are nice given our current weather. I also installed the mudguards the day before the snow. The next day, they had that brown ice caked on them and looked like they'd always been on the car.

Old 12-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

Well, I just entered a bunch of bogus info (under the name "Justwanna Knowshipping") and found that the shipping was $16-something. Since the total comes to about the same price as www.trdparts4u.com, I'm ordering from them. They told me the shipping upfront, so they'll get my business. I sure wish those rubber mats came in a light brown.

Husband doesn't like the door guards - so I'll wait on those, and maybe sneak them in when he's not looking.

Quick Reply: It REALLY SUCKS.....

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands