Rattle In Dash , Not Crickets In Console

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 07:35 AM
Enthusiast
Default Rattle In Dash , Not Crickets In Console

Every time I go over significant bumps ie. railroad tracks my dash has developed a rattle. How do you remove the dash to find out what is loose or where felt may be needed to reduce sound?

Old 12-06-2006, 02:47 PM
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Default Re: Rattle In Dash , Not Crickets In Console

Originally Posted by wcarltonedwards
Every time I go over significant bumps ie. railroad tracks my dash has developed a rattle. How do you remove the dash to find out what is loose or where felt may be needed to reduce sound?
You don't. You take it to the dealer and let them fix it under warranty.

Old 12-17-2006, 07:14 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Are you sure it is in the dash, I kept hearing anoise and thought it was coming from center of dash near windshield, but after careful listening it appears to be up in the headliner near the home link buttons and glasses bin. I'm actually some what disspointed in tht einterior assmebley, many loose fits and such. Surely not the fit and finish I was used to in my previous 4 Toyota's, but then my last one was in 1997.

Old 12-25-2006, 12:21 AM
Enthusiast

Where is your rattle? I found that my XLE developed quite a rattle on the passenger side of the dash -- and playing with it, I found that I could push the whole passenger side of the dash "forward" towards the front of the car, and get quite a rattle out of it all the time. I pushed some foam -- in my case, some Frost King Rubber Pipe Insulation Tape, available at Lowe's, doubled back on itself -- into the gap at the front of the dash, under the windshield, and that silenced it down perfectly. You might give something like that a shot....

Old 01-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Enthusiast

The dealer fixed my rattle in the dash by ordering new clips and re-installing the dash.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Active Enthusiast

The dealer fixed my rattle in the dash by ordering new clips and re-installing the dash.
Did they say anything about this being a common problem? Did they have any documentation? Most importantly, did it work?

Sorry for the rapid questions, but this seems to be a hot topic, so I thought I'd ask.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TKCamry
You don't. You take it to the dealer and let them fix it under warranty.

Yes and when enough people start bringing them in and they spend 10 hours per car tracking down the friggan rattles they will fix them on the assembley line.

Old 01-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bigsk8r
Did they say anything about this being a common problem? Did they have any documentation? Most importantly, did it work?

Sorry for the rapid questions, but this seems to be a hot topic, so I thought I'd ask.
The dealer did not say anything about it being a common problem, no documentation, and so far it has worked.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:22 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skywagon
Yes and when enough people start bringing them in and they spend 10 hours per car tracking down the friggan rattles they will fix them on the assembley line.
I went to get my first oil change yesterday at Southbay Toyota, and I mentioned to the rattles to them, took the car for a road test. Thankfully the rattles did show up, but it was going to take 4 hours for them to track them. I will be taking my TCH this weekend for them to track down the rattles.

Old 01-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Enthusiast

That's one of the scariest things I've ever heard in my life.

You mean to say that they didn't make it a thousand times worse, and didn't cause something else, totally unrelated, rattle even more?

Nothing gives me the heebie-jeebies more than having careless service monkeys touch my interior -- in my experience, they ARE more likely to make it a thousand times worse than they are to actually fix any noise/rattle problem!

Man, I'm gonna have nightmares tonight!!

Here's hoping that it keeps on holding up for you!

Quick Reply: Rattle In Dash , Not Crickets In Console

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands