Phone Book Transfers

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 04:10 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Phone Book Transfers

Hey everyone,

I copied and pasted this post I made on the Bluetooth compability thread about how to get contacts over to your TCH by sending VCards. Hope this helps someone!

I figured it out. It took me a few trial and errors. Make sure that your phone is connected to the car through bluetooth. Don't worry when it tells you that the device is disconnected, that is actually a good thing. If your device doesn't connect then you get an error message saying that Bluetooth is busy. So, here's the step by step as I understand it:

1) Connect your phone to the car through Bluetooth
2) Go into the phone menu and click on phonebook
3) Click on transfer data
4) The display will say "transferring data" or something like that
5) Your phone will say "device is disconnected" or something along those lines
6) Go into your phone's contact list, highlight the contact you wish to transfer, then press Option then Send via vcard
7) Your phone will pull up a list of paired devices
8) Highlight the device corresponding to your car
9) Hit OK
10)You will see a message saying "VCard Sent"
11)Then another message saying "Bluetooth device is connected"
12)Repeat the above steps starting at step 3
13)Repeat until you have all the contacts you want in there.

BTW, I have a VX9800, just for reference sake, but all the Verizon interfaces on the phones should be the same? Good luck!

Old 06-23-2006, 08:49 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Phone Book Transfers

Thanks, that was helpful. Big bummer though that you have to do each contact individually. I have over 400.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:17 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Phone Book Transfers

Only 300 for me.

Old 06-25-2006, 09:29 PM

Just tried your VCard transfer. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Since each had to be sent individually anyway, I found it faster to enter them manually. In case anyone may not have noticed, you CAN alternate between upper- and lower-case letters on the input screen.

Old 06-25-2006, 09:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

Sorry it didn't work out, Steven. I kind of had to develop a rhythm and stuff. Don't know if that makes sense or not. Aside from that, I only entered in the numbers I needed the most and that was only 20 or so, therefore it didn't take that long for me. I found switching between upper and lower cases time consuming because I'm a big stickler for caps only for the start of each name, instead of all caps.

Old 06-25-2006, 09:42 PM

It's cool, and your method is the ONLY way I've yet seen possible, so THANKS! And I'm the same as you are: a stickler for correct capitalization, accents, etc. They're all part of the keyboard, though, so even the fussiest people can get their way. I separated my contacts into 'Personal' and 'Business,' but still only had about 35 frequently-used names. I figure for anything else, I can pull my phone out and dial the old-fashioned way. Isn't it nice how even when you dial from your mobile phone, the call automatically diverts to the Camry's phone?

Tip for newbies: If you need to exit your car in the middle of a call, you can hit the 'transfer call' button on the NAV to send it back to your mobile phone before you shut off your car.

Old 06-30-2006, 11:12 AM

I have the LG8100 from Verizon Wireless. I tried the above procedure, however, after selecting the contact and pressing OPTIONS there was no entry for SEND via Vcard.

Anyone know how to do it with this phone?