Oh, the joy of it!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Oh, the joy of it!

I suppose this can be an open thread for posting stories of both real joys, and also those we wish we hadn't experienced, relating to the TCH.

My "Oh, the joy of it!" today is two parted...

1. I start to hear a repeating clicking sound from the right rear, and think, UH oh! It increases with vehicle speed, until about 35, where it is almost gone, then as I slow down, it is there again. Must be a rock in the tread, I hope. Nope! I nice screw has implanted itself in my tire! No TPMS warning...so I think, maybe, just maybe, it hasn't punctured the tire. I drive carefully to the friendly Discount Tire store for their free flat repair.

Yes, it has punctured the tire, but it IS repairable. Whew! Oh, the joy of it!

2. I get the car back after about 30 minutes, and first thing I see is the Consumption Screen is blank! No pretty blue bar graph! OH NO! They played with it and reset it! How dare they!? Well, then I see the average is still showing 40.7mpg, so no, they didn't reset it. Then I notice on the left side, at the 30 minute point a small blue bar graph, at about the 5 mpg point, which quickly disappears as I drive away. They left the car running for the whole 30 minutes! (It was showing 41.3 mpg when I had arrived) Sigh. Oh, the joy of it!

Last edited by jbollt; 04-17-2008 at 03:01 PM. Reason: typo