Officially Waiting for Green Now...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 11:45 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Officially Waiting for Green Now...

We went back to the dealership this morning, filled out the financing paperwork, and left a deposit, so now I am officially waiting for my Jasper Pearl TCH. That's the good news. The bad news is there are two other customers waiting for Jasper Pearl ahead of us, and an unknown number of other customers waiting for other colors.

We told them that if we get to August with no Jasper Pearl we will be willing to accept another color (just not blue) with preference for gold or silver or gray, and if we get to September 30 and they still have no TCH for us then we'll go back to Jasper Pearl only. If I am not going to benefit from the bigger tax credit then I am getting the color I really want.

I am so excited...

Old 05-29-2006, 11:48 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Officially Waiting for Green Now...

If I were you, like Steve suggested, leave your name and number at all the dealers within 100 miles and call them every week. That's what I did. I have been offered over 20 TCH cars, none green or blue, but at least I am being called weekly.

Old 05-29-2006, 12:18 PM

The salesperson and the business manager both felt that we would have our car before the tax credit deadline; they just can't promise we will. I know that calling the fleet managers and getting my name in everywhere might be the best tactic, but I'm pretty happy with this dealership (conveniently located, nice people, free oil changes, etc.), so I am just as happy to only deal with them.

ETA My Corolla is in excellent running condition, and is a perfectly good (if somewhat small) car. I'm fortunate not to actually be in desperate need of a new car, so I can just bide my time. It's the whole "new car excitement" that has me wishing it would be sooner .

Last edited by Lilarienne; 05-29-2006 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Enthusiast

New car excitement. I know what you mean. Since mid-April when i decided to buy this new TCH, I have had this excitement. Having turned down 20 or so TCH's has been hard. Well first I wanted just basic, then I wanted just the sunroof, then fully-loaded, then all but nav. and then back again. Then the colors were not my pick like Red, so. Then one car was sold without my fleet manager knowing, that was last week. So, Here I am about a week away from my car coming in.

Old 05-30-2006, 07:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

I too am waiting for my Jasper Pearl to arrive. Have had deposits at two dealerships since April with little success. Both these dealers have only received two hybrids since they came out and they were base models. Nothing more is expected at least thru the end of next week. Had to go out of state to find a dealer who is alloted more. I should have a better idea after June 2nd but the dealership feels confident I willl be able to take delivery in July.

We drove 200 miles 3 weeks ago just to see a Jasper Pearl. Did not want to accept another color without seeing this first. Seeing this distinguishing shade of green sold us! Patiently waiting.

Old 05-31-2006, 05:20 AM

I haven't even seen the color in person yet, but I know it's what I really want. What color was the interior of the Jasper Pearl you drove? I am hoping for bisque.

Aslterp7, just one more week! That's great. I hope that you post pictures when you have your TCH.

Old 05-31-2006, 04:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

The Jasper Pearl we saw did have the bisque interior in cloth. It looked very nice. We are opting for leather this time because my wife wants the heated seats. As far as describing the Jasper Pearl color, it closely resembles a "Granny Smith" apple. We saw it next to an aloe green LE and it was awsome.

We actually got to test drive the one we looked at, which I was not expecting since somebody suposedly had a deposit on it. Very impressed with the quietness of the vehicle.

I will post in a few days when I know more about the next allotement. Just like you , we are not overly anxious. My main concern at this point is taking delivery by the end of September but looks like we should have it in July.