New Owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Enthusiast
Default New Owner

Hi All,

I have been a Prius owner for 2 years. I sold that last week and got my Camry hybrid this past weekend. Wow - what a difference in the ride! Mine is silver and loaded. I have been tracking this forum for the last couple of weeks. Thanks for all of the useful info!

Old 09-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New Owner

Congratulations! I am sure you will love it as the rest of us on here do. Welcome to the family

Old 09-13-2006, 06:25 PM
Advanced Technology-PZEV

Originally Posted by BRNPHX
Hi All,

I have been a Prius owner for 2 years. I sold that last week and got my Camry hybrid this past weekend. Wow - what a difference in the ride! Mine is silver and loaded. I have been tracking this forum for the last couple of weeks. Thanks for all of the useful info!
YOU GOT YOUR CAR?! geez I have been waiting for like ever for mine!

Old 09-13-2006, 06:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Barb,

We almost bought the Prius, but my wife overrode me and we got the TCH. Since you've had a Prius for a while I'd love to hear how you think the two compare.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:53 PM
Advanced Technology-PZEV
Talking Re: New Owner

Originally Posted by Orcrone
Since you've had a Prius for a while I'd love to hear how you think the two compare.

I dont know about Barb, but i can tell you from my experience that I love my Camry 30-40 times more!

For only 1 reason, BIGGER ICE! more power, its a smoother ride.

let me re-phrase that: IT IS A SMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOTTTTHHH Ride.

Old 09-13-2006, 07:35 PM
Enthusiast

Hi Marc,

A wise choice to go with the TCH. Although I got much better mileage with the Prius, the suspension did not handle the bumps too well and I would feel every one of them. Also, because the car is so light, it was not a comfortable ride in the wind. I was out in a dust storm with 45 mph winds and it was not pleasant. One test drive of the TCH and I knew I had to have that car. SMMMOOOOOTH almost seems like an understatement. Really, REALLY nice. I once owned a Benz and the TCH has the same ride as a Benz. Toyota really did this car right.

Old 09-14-2006, 04:49 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Not that I was second guessing, but that makes me feel even better about getting the TCH over the Prius. Now I have to tell my better half she was right.