New aftermarket backup sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Enthusiast
Default New aftermarket backup sensor?

For a while I've been interested in getting some sort of a backup sensor for my non-NAV TCH. I don't think I want to go to the expense of getting a video camera backup system, and I had considered getting an ultrasonic system installed at a dealer but I don't really like the look of the ultrasonic sensors sticking out of the bumper. I came across this VR3 "Bumper Guard Electromagnetic Backup Sensor" at my local Target, and was wondering if any of you have heard of it or had any experience with it. It looks like some sort of wire strip you place inside your bumper cover and then wire into your reverse lights similar to other backup sensors, and then there is little speaker that beeps that you put inside your car.

http://www.amazon.com/VR3-BUMPER-PAR...1164836&sr=8-1

and here is a link to a PDF of the manual
http://www.roadmasterusa.com/forums/...ype=post&id=55

It is certainly cheaper than a dealer installed backup sensor, and I like that there is no visual evidence of an install on the bumper. I just wonder if it works.