New 50th owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 08:24 AM
Enthusiast
Default New 50th owner

in the house! Kind of a pain to find a deal on one of these, tired of my Hemi Ram's thrist for gas I was ready to pull the trigger on the tch for $22k on a "lot leader", over the last four weeks, I've seen most colors that would work but I found one nice fleet mng to give me the 50th for less than $30k, so now I own, waiting on tint and I GOTTA find a sirius module to get installed on ebay.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:45 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New 50th owner

Cool! Welcome. So you're not driving it yet?

Old 03-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Enthusiast

Does Toyota have a Sirius module for 07 camry? I cant seem to get one from a dealer, anyone have info?

Old 03-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by punkerg1
Does Toyota have a Sirius module for 07 camry? I cant seem to get one from a dealer, anyone have info?
There have been a lot of conversation about this. Apparently, Toyota had problems with the fit kit and had to redesign it. I'm not sure anyone has the new kit yet. One of the threads listed this company: http://www.toyotapartsdelivered.com/...cfm?design=114
They list the Sirius kit as avaiable to order starting April 23.

Chumley

Old 03-26-2007, 06:55 PM
Enthusiast

Thanx, thats about all I have come up with is that there is no unit out yet. I have a portable unit I can hook up in the meantime.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:36 PM
Enthusiast

So it looks like its not so much the sirius unit that is the problem as opposed to the adapter unit. I wonder if once you have the adapter this will fit to any toyota type sirius brain? On the milage side of this car I seems I have been averaging 40+ mpg, yet is looks like I will end up with only 580 miles for my first tank, I think it is a 17 gal. tank so the math doesnt work out right........

Old 03-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by punkerg1
So it looks like its not so much the sirius unit that is the problem as opposed to the adapter unit. I wonder if once you have the adapter this will fit to any toyota type sirius brain? On the milage side of this car I seems I have been averaging 40+ mpg, yet is looks like I will end up with only 580 miles for my first tank, I think it is a 17 gal. tank so the math doesnt work out right........
Two issues here:

1) Mileage is an estimate based on how much gas you have and what mileage the computer expects. Your car has a preprogrammed figure that is conservative, but will learn what you get and will adjust.

2) From a different thread:
I can appreciate your post - in my Murano when the light came on I had about 35 miles before I truly had to fuel-up otherwise risk calling AAA.

With my new TCH the fuel light goes on, I drive for another 30 miles, pull in for fuel and get ~ 14.5 gals to "top-off" on a 17.2 gal tank - so I'm still learning how much more I can go without getting nervous.

Too bad the Nav screen & Speedometer Display shows "0" miles right after the fuel light comes on - I can see calibrating off to ensure you're really not a "0" but it seams like it comes on with ~ 3-4 gal left...

Nevertheless...what a great car...

Bottom line, you should get way more from your tank than your computer is estimating. Hope this helps.

Chumley