Motorola Razr Bluetooth Question...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Enthusiast
Default Motorola Razr Bluetooth Question...

I am looking at a new 2yr contract with Cingular and have found that the new Razr V3xx has all the options I'm looking for. Does anybody have this phone, and if so, are there any issues with pairing it up with the TCH?

Old 03-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Motorola Razr Bluetooth Question...

Originally Posted by WIRELESS
I am looking at a new 2yr contract with Cingular and have found that the new Razr V3xx has all the options I'm looking for. Does anybody have this phone, and if so, are there any issues with pairing it up with the TCH?

Check this website out. It give you information about phone compatibility with Toyota's bluetooth system http://toyota.letstalk.com/brands/toyota-bt/home.htm

Old 03-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tnsig
Check this website out. It give you information about phone compatibility with Toyota's bluetooth system http://toyota.letstalk.com/brands/toyota-bt/home.htm
Thanks Tnsig, I had printed out the "Quick Guide" for the Razr already, but I wondered if anybody has paired this particular model, ie: V3xx; as it is not listed on the Toyota Bluetooth Website.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Enthusiast

I've got a Motorola Razr v3m through Alltel. It works flawlessly in my Toyota Camry Hybrid. The only downside was transferring phonebook entries one-at-a-time. It works so well that the moment the car "starts", the nav screen shows "Bluetooth connection successful." I don't have to do anything.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Enthusiast

I have the regular V3 (don't know what the V3xx is) and it pairs with no problems. I set up a shortcut on the phone to easily turn the BT on and off. I have found that the quality is pretty good. The only pain is that my V3 won't allow to transfer the whole phone book to the car. You have to do it one at a time. I imagine that the V3xx would have the same functionality if not better.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

[quote=............. I set up a shortcut on the phone to easily turn the BT on and off.

I have this phone and as you say it works fine with Toyotas blue tooth. Can you explain how you set up the blue tooth short cut, I would like to do the same?

Thx

Old 03-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

Both my wife and I use this phone with no issues. Pairs up great everytime - even when my phone is upstairs and the car is in the garage.. (works until I back out of the house)

Old 03-07-2007, 05:23 PM
Enthusiast

This works for my Cingular model phone but not be the same sequence for a T-mobile/Verizon RAZR. They should have a similar function but you might have to break out the manual. To set up a short cut...go to the bluetooth_menu-->settings-->Power:On/off

When you get to this menu hit "change" button and you'll get the sub menu which will allow you to select "on" or "off". Highlight "on" but don't select it. With the "on" highlighted, press and hold the center top key. It will then ask you if you want to assign a shortcut key. Press yes and then select which button you want to assign it to. I selected the "1" key. I then went trough the same procedure to set the "off" value to the "2" key.

To use the shortcut I just quickly press the top/center key followed by the "1" to turn on BT and the top/center key followed by the "2" to turn it off. It's quick and easy and that way I don't have to leave the BT on all the time draining my battery and providing cleaver thieves an opportunity to steal my phone book.

One thing I have noticed is that if do the shortcut and then close the phone before it connects it seems to stop the connection process. If I wait until it's connected I can then close the phone and maintain the connection.

Old 03-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

WIRELESS,

I have a Verizon RAZR V3M. My Bluetooth works so well that people have acted astonished when a noise happens in the background and I explain that I am on Bluetooth.

In the Nav display I set the microphone gain +1 and the speaker gain -1. It sounds sweet.

Larry

Old 03-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bigsk8r
WIRELESS,

I have a Verizon RAZR V3M. My Bluetooth works so well that people have acted astonished when a noise happens in the background and I explain that I am on Bluetooth.

In the Nav display I set the microphone gain +1 and the speaker gain -1. It sounds sweet.

Larry

I also set my mic gain to +1. What did setting the speaker gain to -1 do that turning down the volume wouldn't do?

Quick Reply: Motorola Razr Bluetooth Question...

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands