Major Malfunction updates (!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 05:11 PM
Enthusiast
Default Major Malfunction updates (!)

My TCH has been back at the dealer since Monday 7-17 (See original post Major Mal... No roadside…). The dealer called and said it was a loose ground. They fixed it and would return it today. While on the way home from the dealership the buzzers and (!)’s came back and “China syndrome” all over again. Strike two Toyota.

Old 07-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)
Default Re: Major Malfunction updates (!)

Is it a bad time to mention that my mom has a Mazda 626 with over 200k miles on it that has had no serious problems what so ever?

Sounds like you need a hug.....

Old 07-20-2006, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Sorry to hear about you problems in all seriousness. I guess you are a victim of first model year bugs. Please keep us informed as to what the problems are and what Toyota is doing to fix them....

Old 07-20-2006, 05:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

Which ground wire was loose? It might be beneficial to the other early adopters here if we checked our systems out to be on the safe side before the same thing happened. I would think a loose ground could cause some pretty big problems like power surges to other equipment on that circuit, etc.

Old 07-20-2006, 07:48 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Norb
My TCH has been back at the dealer since Monday 7-17 (See original post Major Mal... No roadside…). The dealer called and said it was a loose ground. They fixed it and would return it today. While on the way home from the dealership the buzzers and (!)’s came back and “China syndrome” all over again. Strike two Toyota.
Norb,

What state do you live in? Check your Lemon Laws. As an example, if you lived in Washington State and your car goes in two more times for the China Syndrome, the dealer is required by law to get you a new car or buy yours back at your original cost. You have every right to be furious. Thanks for sharing.

Old 07-20-2006, 07:59 PM

Opps, I see Mrimaging already mentioned lemon laws this in your other thread. Sorry for the duplication.

Old 07-21-2006, 04:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Freeze
Opps, I see Mrimaging already mentioned lemon laws this in your other thread. Sorry for the duplication.
Two malfunctions, so you can mention it twice.

Old 07-21-2006, 05:33 AM
WVGasGuy

While it's an agrivation to the owner and a dissapointment with an otherwise joyful moment I don't believe a loose ground wire to be a reason for applying the lemon law or for everyone to get up in arms. It is unfortunate and if it happens to all of the TCH's then shame on Toyota, but at this point you simply have my sympathy.

Old 07-21-2006, 05:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Since they found a loose ground wire, tightened it up and it did the same thing I'm thinking the loose ground wire had nothing to do with the problem. The service tech probably found it, the car worked afterwards so they assumed it was the problem.

Most lemon laws require the same repair to be made more than twice to be enforced. So if he's eventually looking at 3 or 4 trips for this problem then I don't have a problem with him evoking it, especially with a problem that leaves him stranded and could potentially be dangerous.

Old 07-21-2006, 07:22 PM

Three times to the shop for the same problem allows a customer to inact the Washington State Lemon Law, be it a loose ground wire, a light that keeps burning out, or any other issue. Orcrone is right: It's not what the problem is, it's the frequency of the problem that's key.

Quick Reply: Major Malfunction updates (!)

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands