Lifetime Maintainence agreements?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 11:32 AM
Enthusiast
Default Lifetime Maintainence agreements?

I was offered a lifetime maintainence agreement for about $850 - oil change, rotate tires, lubrication, seasonal 'check ups', etc for life. Did anyone do the same thing? It seems like it would pay itself off in a couple of years. I didn't buy it yet since I don't know where I will be living in Florida, yet.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent
Default Re: Lifetime Maintainence agreements?

1) Are you tied to a specific dealer?
2) What intervals are the oil changes? If you normally change oil every 3k miles and the agreement says every 7.5k. You get the idea.
3) Is it transferable or cancellable w/prorated refund if you sell the car?

Old 03-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Enthusiast

It is through a single dealer (Darcars). They are based out of MD but there are 2 locations in Jacksonville, FL.

I just don't know where I will live so I passed up the offer, for now.

However, if I am close to the dealership, it may pay off.

Old 03-24-2007, 08:17 PM
Enthusiast

I bought my Camry from DarCars as well (in Frederick). I turned down the plan in the finance office also. As luck would have it, I called the service department today and scheduled my 5k service. The first question out of the guy's mouth was " do you have the lifetime service plan" when I said no, he said "oooh bummer" and then told me the 5000 mile service was $96.00!! I think I am just going to take it to the local lube joint and have them do it for under $50.
But if the dealer is close and you plan on keeping the car for a while, it probably does make good sense if you go by Darcar's normal service pricing.

Also, does anybody else out there think that $96 is high for an oil change and tire rotation, or am I just overreacting?

Mark

Old 03-25-2007, 06:04 AM
Enthusiast

For both an oil change and a rotation, it is not unreasonable. Check out Jiffy Lube or Merchant's tires.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:00 AM
Dazed and Confused

I pay less than $70 for a oil change with synthetic and tire rotation. I actually think it is around $50, so yes I feel $96 is way too much to pay.