keyless camry hybrid unlock all doors

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 11:04 AM
No7
Enthusiast
Smile keyless camry hybrid unlock all doors

Hi there,

I'm new for this forum and I spent some time to find out the answer to the question in the topic, so I found it and what to share it with you in case there is somebody looking for the same solution.

By default my 2008 Camry Hybrid is having keyless entry system (maybe all hybrids do, don't know) and its programed in a way when I unlock the driver door putting my hand on the handle it unlocks only it and I have to open the driver door and manually to unlock all other doors.

There is an option when I'm with somebody first to go and touch the passenger door sensor and this will unlock all doors including the driver one. Also if I unlock the doors with the remote, the first touch to the unlock button is unlocking the driver door and the second touch is unlocking all doors. Yeah but I have to get the remote blah blah... what's the point of having a keyless system...

Very cool but I wanted to be able to touch the driver's door sensor and to get all doors unlocked right away. I'm lazy, you got it.

I brought car to the dealership and they did disable first the annoying alarm beeping (the alarm was installed by the dealer at the time of the purchase) and they made the modification to unlock all doors with one touch.

Everything was working fine until two days ago when the car lost the ability to unlock all doors with a single touch. I obviously touched something by accident but didn't know what. So... the long story short.

On your remote press "unlock" and "lock" buttons at the same time for 4-5 seconds. The car will beep once when it goes to "one touch unlock all doors mode" and if you'd like to go back to the "original" setting repeat the same procedure and you'll hear two beeps and the car will go in "two touch unlock all doors more".

HTH to some1

PS I assume this will work on all keyless Toyota and Lexus. Worked on my Lexus IS 250 2007 as well.

Last edited by No7; 02-22-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: keyless camry hybrid unlock all doors

No7,

This procedure is in the manual and had been covered here before. You can also re-program the locking sequence (speed or putting car in gear). Take a look at the FAQ that Haraldo put together as a sticky in this forum for other hints.

Old 02-22-2009, 02:23 PM
No7
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GeorgiaHybrid
No7,

This procedure is in the manual and had been covered here before. You can also re-program the locking sequence (speed or putting car in gear). Take a look at the FAQ that Haraldo put together as a sticky in this forum for other hints.
Thank you. I was searching before I posted it. Could be under diff topic.

Could you let me know where in the manual? If you know a page will be nice.

Thank you and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Try page 40 for the door unlocking feature
Page 51 and 52 for the door locking at speed, in gear, etc.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

If your SO often drives the car at night, say even in a questionable section of the city, it can be rather nice to have only the driver's door unlock.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wwest
If your SO often drives the car at night, say even in a questionable section of the city, it can be rather nice to have only the driver's door unlock.
That is why my wife wanted the unlocking to stay with just the one door, and not unlock all doors when putting the car in Park.

Just every once in a while I wish Toyota had left some override in the system (say hold the lock button when grabbing the door handle) to unlock all doors when I have passengers. There are so many nice little things that they have done elsewhere in the programming that it seems like an oversight on this one.