Just picked it up!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Enthusiast
Default Just picked it up!

I have a brand new 07 Camry Hybrid in my driveway! Traded in my gas guzzling Chevy Avalanche. Two weeks ago, I never would have even thought about buying a hybrid, but everything fell into place and it happened.

Can't wait to see what kind of mileage we get. It sure feels nice knowing I won't be throwing so much money away on gas each month. That was beginning to hurt.

Old 07-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Just picked it up!

Congratulations. Tomorrow is 4 weeks for mine and I'm halfway through my second tank of gas (but I went on vacation for a week, so I guess that's cheating). I'm sure you'll love it.

What options did you get on yours?

Old 07-06-2006, 06:48 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Pictures? All of us waiting list people love to see all the new TCH's .

Old 07-06-2006, 06:52 PM

Congratulations! You will love your new TCH! I replaced a Ford F-150 and know well how it hurt to throw money away on gas.

You will be smiling for some time to come

Old 07-06-2006, 08:19 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orcrone
What options did you get on yours?
I think we pretty much just got the base model. My wife didn't want a sunroof nor did she want leather seats. So the base model really came with exactly what we wanted. It seems the "base" model has quite a few nice options.

Old 07-07-2006, 05:21 AM

We also got the base, mainly because that was what the dealership was getting in. As it is the base model is equipped better than any car I've had so far. Just wish I could get the comprehensive energy display withou the NAV unit.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:59 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orcrone
Just wish I could get the comprehensive energy display withou the NAV unit.
I agree with you on that. My wife was driving today, I was reading the owners manual and commented that we should have gotten the NAV unit because it displays so much more information. She said "so you can stare at that instead of at the road... yeah, that's a good idea."

Women just don't understand the need for additional electronic gadgets!

Old 07-07-2006, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Rhiec
I agree with you on that. My wife was driving today, I was reading the owners manual and commented that we should have gotten the NAV unit because it displays so much more information. She said "so you can stare at that instead of at the road... yeah, that's a good idea."

And since we have Bluetooth we won't have to play with the cell phone as much. So we're actually safer.

Old 07-08-2006, 09:47 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rhiec
I love gadgets, i got it fully loaded for the extra toys!

My boyfriend gets mad that I watch the consumption screen all the time, he insists on changing it to the map. I argue, "but we know where we are" and he replies back that its more fun than the consumption screen. He just doesnt understand.......

Old 07-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by greenGirl
I love gadgets, i got it fully loaded for the extra toys!

My boyfriend gets mad that I watch the consumption screen all the time, he insists on changing it to the map. I argue, "but we know where we are" and he replies back that its more fun than the consumption screen. He just doesnt understand.......
Apparently it's not a gender thing then

I'm with you, the consumption screen is more fun. I don't need the map. Of course I know where we are! And no, I don't need to ask for directions!

Quick Reply: Just picked it up!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands