Just got my Camry

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Enthusiast
Default Just got my Camry

Well I just got home from the dealer with a 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid. Only has 5,000 miles and was in the local dealer's "Cab" service so it was driven very lightly as only a worker drove it. And they listed it wrong and they had to sell it to me for only $23,995 which was perfect and was in my budget and has never been wrecked.
All I have been able to get is 30 MPG but I am trying, but it's double my Explorer.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Just got my Camry

Welcome to the club!!!

Don't worry about the mileage. A lot depends on your route, distance, elevation and temperature. I wonder at times if some of us don't check to see if the stars are aligned correctly before we leave.....

As you learn to drive the car your mileage will improve. Just read, ask questions and watch your mpg go higher. As you already know, it's a LOT better than you were getting before.....

Old 09-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Welcome! What color, etc?

Old 09-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

welcome aboard. my mileage was low for the first few tanks, its coming up but not as high as some on here.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Old Boomer Techie

Add your car and location to your profile. It will come up on your posts in the upper right.

Welcome! ... and don't worry about the mileage too much, you will learn fast what works and what doesn't. If you want to go the extra distance (no pun intended), there are lots of tips here to improve your driving efficiency.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks everyone!
It's a 2009 Model, Metallic Grey. With the upgraded alloy wheels and the 6 Disc CD changer. I am probably going to upgrade it to leather in the future.

Question though. My Explorer had a Viper 5900 series remote starter alarm system. Can I have this installed to my Camry without messing up anything or is it not possible because of the smart key and it being a hybrid?

Here is some pics

Replacing my beloved Explorer.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

Looks nice!
I can't wait to get my white camry hybrid! Ive only been waiting 2 months for it.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Driving in stealth mode

Congrats. Loks just like mine. I get quite a few compliments on the color. Also it doesn't seem to show the dirt that much.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:18 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by coolshock1
Congrats. Loks just like mine. I get quite a few compliments on the color. Also it doesn't seem to show the dirt that much.
*ditto* (especially about the dirt)

Old 09-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Please take the HOOVER sticker off the back of the car, ruins the looks. Beautiful car, hope you enjoy it, we do ours.

All stickers and plate holders are off my cars, the dealer doesn't pay me to advertise for them.

Quick Reply: Just got my Camry

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands