Jasper Pearl Sighting in MD

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Enthusiast
Default Jasper Pearl Sighting in MD

Today I spotted another jasper pearl TCH in Greenbelt, MD. My 16-year-old daughter thought I was crazy, but I could not resist pulling up next to him as he got out of his car. We had a lovely conversation about our cars. It turns out he lives within a few miles of me in the Washington, DC area. He mentioned some other websites on hybrid cars, so I told him about this one.

Overeager in MD,

JoAnn

Old 04-06-2007, 05:46 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Jasper Pearl Sighting in MD

Add mine to the list. I commute to Greenbelt every day but I have not yet seen another Jasper Pearl TCH (after almost a month of ownership). I bought mine at Carmax Toyota in Laurel and just lucked into the color - the car had shown up that afternoon and hadn't even been entered into the database when we found it on the lot.

Stop and say hi if you see me. I'm from Illinois where we have conversations with complete strangers all the time.

So, who is this Jasper guy, anyway? And why are his pearls green? Sounds like a chauffeur. "Drive on, Jasper." "Jasper, do we have any Grey Poupon?"

Old 04-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Jasper Pearl Sighting in MD

I commute to College Park every day. I have seen a several jasper pearl TCHs on the road, but this was the first time I got to talk to the driver. I bought mine in August (after it was allocated to me in July) at Carmax in Laurel also. I recently had my first oil change there. I had a coupon from their website and paid only $47.95. They used 0W20, and did not charge extra for synthetic. I will keep my eyes peeled for you.

Overeager in MD,
JoAnn