How do you know if my TCH has heated mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 08:33 PM
iam4pack
Default How do you know if my TCH has heated mirrors?

My window sticker lists the HM - Heated Power Outside Mirrors option, but how do you know they exist on the vehicle? I don't see anything that would indicate it has heated mirrors.

Thanks!

Old 03-31-2007, 09:07 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How do you know if my TCH has heated mirrors?

When the rear defroster goes on.

Old 04-01-2007, 06:42 AM
Camry Freak

I had the same question. Most cars that I know that have heated mirrors have little symbols in the mirrors themselves... not my car...

I was curious... so one morning when there was a little foggyness in my rear window, I turned on the rear defroster... and waited like 5 minutes. Then I opened the driver's side window and felt the surface of the mirror- it was hot... so I guess I do have heated mirrors.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:29 AM
World's First Hybrid

I had heated mirrors on my 02 Maxima and they turned on automatically whenever the ignition was on. If the mirrors are fogged up in the AM, they should clear by the time you drive out of your driveway. I beleive they are on all the time regardless of the rear window defog switch unless otherwise noted in the owner's manual.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:48 AM
iam4pack

Thanks for the reply! Sure enough, I went out and turned on the def and the mirrors heated up. That will come in handy. I can't believe that option only cost $30.

I wish they would have put the dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors on the base model. My wife would have appreciated that. Why they package that with the moonroof is beyond me.

Old 04-02-2007, 04:14 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Thanks for the reply! Sure enough, I went out and turned on the def and the mirrors heated up. That will come in handy. I can't believe that option only cost $30.

But one costs $735 to replace.

I wish they would have put the dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors on the base model. My wife would have appreciated that. Why they package that with the moonroof is beyond me

Toyota accepts "build to order" orders and you can pretty much get or not get any options you want. Within reason. Downside, your orders takes 6 to 12 weeks.