how do I remove white paint drops on my camry hood?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 02:02 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default how do I remove white paint drops on my camry hood?

My 07 camry hybrid got some white paint drops on the hood side of the car.

MY car is parked always behind the building where i live and the paint drops happened when some workers were doing some work on roof of the building.

I did a carwash and tried to rub them off with a soft cloth but it wouldn't go away easily and I didn't try hard cos I feared that I would scratch the car.

I now use car cover to cover my car when it stays parked cos I don't want more small paint drops on my car and that helps a lot.

What should I use to remove those tiny white paint drops that are scattered on my hood?

Give me ur suggestion cos with these paint drops, I feel like there is a damage on my car exterior.

Thank you.

Old 07-14-2007, 05:50 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: how do I remove white paint drops on my camry hood?

I might try using a clay bar first. They're non-abrasive and they leave the finish feeling and looking like glass. I'm a big fan of Zaino products but you can get a clay bar and the lube needed at most auto parts stores. If they don't sell the lube, you can just mix a couple of ounces of car wash concentrate with water into a spray bottle and use that. It's works just as well and it's cheaper. Good luck.

-Ed

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...oduct_Count=17

Old 07-14-2007, 07:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Do you know what type of paint is it? I would try gasoline or alcohol to see if it comes off. Anything stronger than that I would try first on some less visible part inside the trunk. You can also buy tar remover in about any auto store.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Old Boomer Techie

Go with the clay bar and lubricant. This is a trick that professional detailers have used for years -- very safe.

Old 07-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the valuable info. You guys simply are the best!
I went to auto store and looked for clay bar but the big bottle that says clay bar costs around $20 which I can't afford and need cos I only got few scattered white paint spots on my car hood. I instead bought the smaller one which is turtle brand and says bugs tar paintspots remover and I got it for just $3 bucks.

I put the stuff on soft cloth and rubed gently for like a minute or 2 on each spots and eventually it worked.

The remover also says something like ok for clear coats or something which I don't know what it means.

thanks guys,

btw the paint is i think to apply on walls so maybe for housepaints.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:32 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jimmy1
Thanks for the valuable info. You guys simply are the best!
I went to auto store and looked for clay bar but the big bottle that says clay bar costs around $20 which I can't afford and need cos I only got few scattered white paint spots on my car hood. I instead bought the smaller one which is turtle brand and says bugs tar paintspots remover and I got it for just $3 bucks.

I put the stuff on soft cloth and rubed gently for like a minute or 2 on each spots and eventually it worked.

The remover also says something like ok for clear coats or something which I don't know what it means.

thanks guys,

btw the paint is i think to apply on walls so maybe for housepaints.
What you bought is similar to stuff I use. What you have to be careful is that it is really a mild polish, so if you rub over-and-ove in the same place, you will eventually wear out the clearcoat. Also, you should re-wax the area which you used the polish compound, since you basically removed the wax while removing the white paint spots.