Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 11:37 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Highest “Best MPG”

I have got the highest Best MPG on my TCH

Old 12-15-2006, 04:12 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Highest “Best MPG”

I reset every time I get to 30 minutes. My best MPG in a 30 min interval is 50.9.

Old 12-15-2006, 07:08 AM
Dazed and Confused

I had 99.9 after refueling once. I drove from the gas station home on EV mode only. I guess i could have reset the display to give me this artificial bragging rights, but it is really usless data. Now if you did that on your trip home for longer than say 20 minutes, congratulations. I would rather see the data that gave the 99.9 just like the data that is giving the 27.0 is showing in that picture.

BTW, my best trip was about 20 minutes, and was 48.1 MPG.

Old 12-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Highest “Best MPG”

i reset at night and i started from the parking in morning just came to the gate and before hitting the road i preset the reset button, i think thats when it had given that 99.9 figure. other wise the highest that i got till date was 40.9 out of 500 miles till now in which most of that was on highway.

Old 12-15-2006, 12:49 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The best I've seen displayed for a tank average is my icon photo now and was 48mpg for 686 miles. Calculating the mileage after filling up it was only 45.4 mpg - still excellent.

My best tank so far (calculated after filling up) was 46.8 mpg over 718 miles.

My best round trip to work for my TCH (65 miles, total of 75 miles after filling up) was 51.6 mpg by the tank average display.

Last edited by nash; 12-15-2006 at 12:53 PM. Reason: add link to photo
Old 12-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Highest “Best MPG”

My best for a trip to work, 25 miles was 52 mpg. By best for a short trip was 67 mpg which occured when the engine was warm and I was able to use EV for much of the trip.

My best tank was 44 mpg (actual).

Old 01-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Enthusiast

whenever i check, my "best" mpg is always lower than my average mpg. sometimes, it seems like it's really telling me my worst, not my best, mpg.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nash
The best I've seen displayed for a tank average is my icon photo now and was 48mpg for 686 miles. Calculating the mileage after filling up it was only 45.4 mpg - still excellent.

My best tank so far (calculated after filling up) was 46.8 mpg over 718 miles.

My best round trip to work for my TCH (65 miles, total of 75 miles after filling up) was 51.6 mpg by the tank average display.
How do you drive differently in a hybrid? I'm still on my first tank of gas and I'm getting about 33mpg in my TCH. I don't drive far to work and half the drive to work it's cold--which probably has something to do with it. I coast to stoplights and don't accelerate hard. Are there any other special tricks? I saw a post somewhere on this list (I can't find it now) that said to the effect, "If you're not getting 42mpg you're not driving correctly." Well, my question is, what is "correctly?"

Benny

Old 01-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

Originally Posted by benny
How do you drive differently in a hybrid? I'm still on my first tank of gas and I'm getting about 33mpg in my TCH. I don't drive far to work and half the drive to work it's cold--which probably has something to do with it. I coast to stoplights and don't accelerate hard. Are there any other special tricks? I saw a post somewhere on this list (I can't find it now) that said to the effect, "If you're not getting 42mpg you're not driving correctly." Well, my question is, what is "correctly?"

Benny
Benny - I don't know where you're from but I'm in Minneapolis MN (fairly cold) and have but a 5 mile commute. These days I'm doing good to maintain 25mpg average given that the ICE runs all the time.
If you examine the MPG database information that you can see for a lot of people that get 35-38 MPG or more - you'll find that they drive further and more highway percentages and many live in warmer climates. I suspect that those of us in the Frost-Belt will get better warm weather mileage than the Sun-belt drivers as we'll have our windows down around town while they'll be running the AC.

Don't sweat it. All will be fine.. Only real trick I've learned is that you should accelerate up to a little faster 1-2mph over what you want to cruise at - then back off the throttle to change the gear reduction in the eCVT transmission and possibly promote the engagement of EV mode.

Enjoy your car..

Old 01-24-2007, 08:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Big-Foot
Benny - I don't know where you're from but I'm in Minneapolis MN (fairly cold) and have but a 5 mile commute. These days I'm doing good to maintain 25mpg average given that the ICE runs all the time.
If you examine the MPG database information that you can see for a lot of people that get 35-38 MPG or more - you'll find that they drive further and more highway percentages and many live in warmer climates. I suspect that those of us in the Frost-Belt will get better warm weather mileage than the Sun-belt drivers as we'll have our windows down around town while they'll be running the AC.

Don't sweat it. All will be fine.. Only real trick I've learned is that you should accelerate up to a little faster 1-2mph over what you want to cruise at - then back off the throttle to change the gear reduction in the eCVT transmission and possibly promote the engagement of EV mode.

Enjoy your car..
Thanks--I wasn't worried, I was just wondering. I live in the Bay Area and recently it's been about 30-35 degrees in the morning (warm compared to where you're from, but I'm a California boy!).

Benny

Quick Reply: Highest “Best MPG”

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands