Hello from the Ohio Valley!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 09:58 AM
Brian5499
Default Hello from the Ohio Valley!

Hello from the ohio valley!
My name is Brian and I am excited about my recent purchase of my 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid. I am new to the site and I'm glad there is a good site out there for hybrid owners and enthusiasts. My TCH is not even at the dealer yet but I was able to actually close the sale over the phone! I purchased the car at a Pittsburgh Dealership and right now the car is in NY on its way to them. As soon as it arrives I will be able to drive up and drive away in it. Below is the pricing and options, for anyone that is interested.

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid (White, not sure color of interior)-25900(base)
Moonroof Package(Power moonroof, Rear reading lights, Lighted vanity mirrors)-940
Heated Mirrors-30
Rear Spoiler-295 + small installation fee(not sure the price, the car did not come with the spoiler it had to be added)
Floor mats and Trunk mat-carpeted-199
Delivery Fee-580
----------------------------
Grand total with options=$27944 + install fee for spoiler
Trade In -3,800
----------------------------
Total Cost after trade is $24144 + spoiler install + Ohio Tax and TTL(TBD)

The dealer gave me 3,800 for my trade which I thought was great, considering Ive got an 01 Grand am with 88,500 mi that had faded paint on the hood + some scratches on the body.

I cant wait to drive this thing around. I love to travel and gas prices are horrible (especially in a grand am V6!). I probably spend 125-150 a month in gas alone in the grand am. I'm hoping it will be cut in half once I get the TCH.

I will keep everyone posted with info and pictures. Hopefully I can inform everyone about the car as best as I can, and help people with any questions. I will be a frequent visitor on here so I will give any input or answer any questions that I can. Take care everyone!

Brian M.

P.S., if anyone needs financing and doesnt mind paying 25 bucks, join the pentagon's credit union. I got a 5.24% interest rate for 72 months. I borrowed 21k and my monthly pymts are only 340 a month. The 5.24% rate applies for 60 and 72 months, so if you dont like the idea of paying for 6 years you can have the same rate for 5 years. I dont work for them and I apologize if this offends anyone, but I just thought I would help anyone out that wants to get the best rate on a loan(if they need it). To join the credit union if you are non-military its 25.00(20 bucks to join a military club and 5.00 deposit for your account). For me it was well worth it! the website is www.penfed.org. Again, im not trying to sell anything (I work for a computer/printer company in Wheeling, WV), I just know its hard to get good rates sometimes, especially on 72 month loans.

Old 05-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Hello from the Ohio Valley!

Brian, congrats on the purchase and thanks for the financing information. Did you even get a test drive before you bought?

That is a good rate for your loan. Did you apply over the web for the loan as well and how did you decide on such a long loan length? I don't know what the average length of time on auto loans is these days but was under the assumption it was 4 years.

Old 05-11-2006, 04:17 PM
Brian5499

I actually test drove a 07 LE, so I figured as far as a test drive I wouldnt think a hybrid would feel much different. I know I'll like it. I liked driving the regular model.

As far as the financing goes...I went for a 6 yr loan due to the fact that im 25, and with a current salary under 50k along with looking to buy my first house, I figured I could stretch it out a little bit to save some money for a downpayment on a house.

When I get older I would probably not go for a loan for so long on a car...depending upon financial status of course.

Old 05-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Enthusiast

Let us know how the spoiler works out. I was told the spoiler wasn't an option on the TCH.
Randy

Old 05-12-2006, 03:55 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

spoiler is listed on the website.

Old 05-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gonavy
spoiler is listed on the website.
Yep - it's listed in the assessories catalog. Don't know why they said no.