Got my TCH in 2 1/2 weeks!!! My buying experience -

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 09:50 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Got my TCH in 2 1/2 weeks!!! My buying experience -

These "hybrids" have always intrigued me, ever since a couple of years back. I wanted a change from my 2000 Honda Accord so I started "looking." During my search I found out that the TCH was available (didn't know until recently).

Went to Downtown Toyota (Vancouver, Canada) and asked if I could test drive one. Impossible because they didn't have any. I did drive the Prius instead, which was quite neat. Anyway, I found out that the TCH was in high demand. I was told it would be at least 2-3 months waiting time. I was willing to wait so I asked if they could do an appraisal on my Honda so I know what I'm dealing with. The salesman (himming and hawing) tells me he could do it but that it would take some time, etc. I said fine. Then he tells me to wait while he talks to the manager... he comes back after a few minutes saying that they didn't want to do the appraisal because in 2-3 months time the value would be lower, meaning another appraisal... I left thinking maybe I should consider other cars.

The next day (Sept. 27), I decide to drop into another Toyota dealership in my neighbourhood, Regency Toyota, not expecting much. The salesman that came up to me was a nice guy, the super eager kind willing to cater to the customer's every needs for a sale. I usually try to stay away from this type but didn't matter as I wasn't going to be buying, I was expecting to hear the same story as the day prior. When I asked about the TCH, he tells me that they just got one in a couple of days ago (unclaimed because it was ordered by the manager for personal use) that I could test-drive! To make a long story short, not only were they willing to do the appraisal (Faheem, the GM, happened to be there and he did it himself, and he was going to let me drive my Honda until my TCH came in without dropping the trade-in value), they offered to sell me the one in stock (White B Package) immediately. Was tempted but opted to wait for the colour I really wanted, #1 silver or #2 grey in package B. The GM promises that he would find either in 4 to 6 weeks. I didn't believe he could but went along with it... Last Friday (Oct. 13), Faheem calls me and says that he might have my car within a few days (because the couple who were suppose to take the car decided to get a different)! On Saturday I drive by the dealership and see a silver TCH - went in and my salesman confirms that it is mine. However, since it was already late on Saturday and because the service department is closed on Sunday, the car wouldn't be ready until Monday. It was the longest 2 days but well worth it. Picked it up after work yesterday and can't be happier for the following reasons:

1. Got the exact car I wanted in 2 1/2 weeks!!!
2. I don't know why or how but mudflaps and wheel locks were FREE!
3. A couple other complimentary goodies (winter mats, cargo box, etc.)
4. It was made in Japan.
5. My car buying experience was a great one!

Old 10-17-2006, 10:22 AM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons
Default Re: Got my TCH in 2 1/2 weeks!!! My buying experience -

Congratz Steve!!!

I go to pick mine up after work today. About 1 month from the time I placed the initial order (9/22) - The one I am getting was ordered by another customer with the exact same options I had chosen (all of them) and in my favorite color (Blue). The original customer changed their mind and dropped the order so I was able to pick it up!

Old 10-17-2006, 11:13 AM
HSD Organic Interface

Originally Posted by leepark
2. I don't know why or how but mudflaps and wheel locks were FREE!
Although it doesn't say so in the brochure, these are included on Canadian TCHs.

Enjoy!

Old 10-17-2006, 11:21 AM
Active Enthusiast

congratulations and welcome to the CLUB!.. Now you do understand that those of us who have already had ours for sometime have become somewhat smug!. Hope you enjoy your TCH did it turn out to be Titanium or Magnetic grey?
I have over 9,000 miles on mine now and still am crazy about the car. The little hybrid noises are something you just get used to but the mileage is still a very nice pleasing experience!.. Enjoy!

Old 10-17-2006, 12:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Good deal Steve, you got the same color as I did and call it mini silver bullet... it is an awesome vehicle and you will enjoy it every minute you drive as I do... happy Hybrid driving...

Old 10-17-2006, 12:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thank you for the kind words.
The colour was Titanium Silver and must say it looks SOOO NICE!!!
Just prior to receiving my TCH I told a buddy that I couldn't wait for it to get here, to which he replied, "it's only a Camry!" Oh well, I thought, not everybody appreciates a Camry, and more so, a Hybrid. Well, I'm glad you guys (my new best friends=)) appreciate the TCH.

My new "problem" is whether or not to get the sliding centre console/armrest...

Old 10-17-2006, 12:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

Do not add anything till you drive it for a couple of thousand miles to see if you really need it. What you have might be better.

Old 10-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Enthusiast

leepark,

Did you get any discounts on your TCH? I'm in the Greater Vancouver area too.

Old 10-18-2006, 09:55 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by elmo
leepark,

Did you get any discounts on your TCH? I'm in the Greater Vancouver area too.
No discount on the MSRP. I went into the dealership understanding that it was their policy so I didn't even try for a discount. But then again, how can you ask for a discount on a car that is selling like hotcakes, and is backordered for several months... I did however get a good (would have liked to have gotten more but was good nonetheless) trade-in value on my Honda. Prior to going into Regency Toyota and talking to Steven Xie (my salesman) and (especially) Faheem Panjwani (the GM), I did a LOT of researching and asking around, and the consensus was that if I wanted a TCH I was going to have to wait at least 2-3 months. If you're serious about getting a TCH I recommend that you go see Faheem, I'm willing to bet that be able to get you a TCH in half the time anyone else can. In fact, I just saw and talked to him yesterday while I had some last minute business to take care of at the dealership. If you mention greenhybrid.com (I told him about this site yesterday) and tell him you talked to me (Steve) he will treat you right. Let me know how it goes.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

The colour was Titanium Silver and must say it looks SOOO NICE!!!
Just prior to receiving my TCH I told a buddy that I couldn't wait for it to get here, to which he replied, "it's only a Camry!" Oh well, I thought, not everybody appreciates a Camry, and more so, a Hybrid. Well, I'm glad you guys (my new best friends=)) appreciate the TCH.

I personally would not bother with the sliding console/armrest, as I like the way it is, which is very comfortable... as an FYI, I have owned many Toyotas and among them had a 1991, 1993, 1995, 2005 Camry (all new) and this 2007 Camry HV is the best one I liked out of all with 2nd one be the 1993 Camry.

It took me almost one year and half to find this 2007 TCH after trading a 2005 Camry for a 2006 4Runner LTD 4WD V8 which traded for the 2007 TCH and could not be happier, though I know I lost money with all these trade-ins...

The 2007 TCH is a truly amazing vehicle... happy TCH Hybrid driving...

Last edited by agnosto; 10-18-2006 at 10:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Got my TCH in 2 1/2 weeks!!! My buying experience -

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands