Giving up

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 08:02 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Giving up (Update)

After weeks of looking at the inventories of EVERY dealership in the north eastern US that offers access to their new inventories online and not EVER seeing green, EVER. After calling the highest volume dealer in PA and being told they haven't even SEEN a Jasper Pearl car yet. I am giving up. It is now almost the second week of July. My dealership may only get one allocation this month (4 cars), and I really don't foresee them getting Jasper Pearl. So, I am giving up.

We're going to go over and talk to our salesperson and tell them to get us a car. As long as it's not white (sorry, no offense, I just don't want a car that blends in with snow) and hopefully not beige then I'll be happy. I'll be really happy if it's red or gray, but I can deal with blue or silver too.

Last edited by Lilarienne; 07-08-2006 at 11:19 AM.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:40 AM
Olde Farte
Default Re: Giving up

Originally Posted by Lilarienne
After weeks of looking at the inventories of EVERY dealership in the north eastern US that offers access to their new inventories online and not EVER seeing green, EVER. After calling the highest volume dealer in PA and being told they haven't even SEEN a Jasper Pearl car yet. I am giving up. It is now almost the second week of July. My dealership may only get one allocation this month (4 cars), and I really don't foresee them getting Jasper Pearl. So, I am giving up.

We're going to go over and talk to our salesperson and tell them to get us a car. As long as it's not white (sorry, no offense, I just don't want a car that blends in with snow) and hopefully not beige then I'll be happy. I'll be really happy if it's red or gray, but I can deal with blue or silver too.

I have seen one Jasper Pearl here in Colorado and (no offense) I'm glad I saw it before I ordered it.

We are VERY happy with our white (our first choice) and have never lost one of our white vehicles yet in the colorado snow.

Old 07-08-2006, 10:00 AM
Active Enthusiast

How did you want your Jasper Pearl TCH equipped? Atlanta Toyota has one that is Jasper Pearl with Graphite interior after-market leather. You can see it on their website. I know it's not the NE, but I bought mine from them and I'm in the Mid-West. I had to do anything it took to get it. Hope that helps!

Old 07-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Giving up

Lilarienne, I thought of you this week when I saw a Jasper Green driving down a local street. Don't give up... it seems like you've waited a long time, but it'll only get easier, and inventories will start to loosen up. All your patience will be rewarded, and you'll soon forget the agony.

Old 07-08-2006, 11:28 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

So, we went to the dealership to talk to our salesperson and the Inventory Manager was there. He pulled out the files and lo and behold we are now #1 on the TCH waiting list at the dealership as of this week . He said that there is another allocation in about 10 days and he is putting in a preference request for our green one since we are #1 on the wait list.

We also added two alternative color choices. First choice will be Jasper Pearl, second choice Mag Gray, and third choice Barcelona Red. He said not to give up on green yet, because they ARE supposed to get green and he showed me the paperwork showing the information for the region with 3% of the cars designated for the next shipments to the region as green.

Our poor salesguy... he will probably be very glad that I plan to keep my car for 10 years.

Old 07-08-2006, 12:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

I hope that you get your Jasper Pearl and I hope that you like the color after you see it. As mentioned before, it is nothing like the Aloe Green in the regular Camry.

It is one of those colors that you will love or hate. If you are buying the car out of town and having it shipped to you, make sure that you see the color before you pay the big bux.

I wanted the green, but didn't care for it at all after I saw it. Others love it.... That's what makes the world spin!

Old 07-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Giving up (Update)

Originally Posted by Lilarienne

We just bought a Jasper Pearl that was sitting in stock in eastern PA today. I can hardly wait for Tuesday when we take delivery. In my online searching in eastern PA area, I also located one Jasper each at Conicelli in Springtown, Performance in Sinking Spring, and Independence in Hazelton, if you're still looking for one. Good luck!